Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Blue Board: is it normal to change your mind?
Thread poster: Martine Etienne
smorales30
smorales30  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
... Oct 7, 2003

[quote]Claudia Iglesias wrote:

I don't understand how a legal action could be taken for a personal opinion.

I know...they told me my comment affected their image negatively and this could lead to loss of clients... I didn't want to waste any more minute with them (I had wasted enough time!) so I changed my comment...

Silvia

Claudio Nasso
Claudio Nasso  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Negative image is not your problem Oct 7, 2003

smorales30 wrote:

...they told me my comment affected their image negatively and this could lead to loss of clients...

Affecting their image negatively and possible loss of clients is not your problem, Silvia, isn't it?

So I agree with Claudia: this was intimidation!!!

Claudio

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:13
English to French
Negative image... Oct 8, 2003

No shit! What kind of image do they deserve?

As long as what you say is true, they have no case. If your previous comment was "they did not pay", you indeed should change your comment to: "a partial payment was received after 1 year, and they ordered me to change this comment and rating under the threat of legal action", because that's a fact, BUT in no way should you change your comment into a positive one.

About getting to court, don't worry. Customers who do not pa
... See more
No shit! What kind of image do they deserve?

As long as what you say is true, they have no case. If your previous comment was "they did not pay", you indeed should change your comment to: "a partial payment was received after 1 year, and they ordered me to change this comment and rating under the threat of legal action", because that's a fact, BUT in no way should you change your comment into a positive one.

About getting to court, don't worry. Customers who do not pay are not likely to be willing to pay for a court case with no chances of winning. They do know such a case does not stand a chance in court. So unless your comment contains lies, there is nothing to worry about. For Christ sakes, YOU should be the one suing them.
Collapse

smorales30
smorales30  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
... Oct 8, 2003

This is what I wrote in my initial comment: slow payers, disorganized. Then when I received their mail changed my comment to: Contact me for further details...I guess this was what really annoyed them.
Anyway, it's not worth the headache...
Thanks for your comments.

Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
Local time: 09:13
English to Danish
+ ...
the same happened to me Oct 8, 2003

A year ago I rated an agency with the at translatorscafe with the comment "does not pay" at the forum trans- but they paid me after 3 or 4 months. It was only a minor job and have not and would not work for them again. Then recently I received an mail from this agency asking me to change my comment "because the had paid me". True enough. I thought ok fair enough and wrote "paid after 3 or 4 months" - that should be enough to keep any professional away. They could not complain - I only stated the... See more
A year ago I rated an agency with the at translatorscafe with the comment "does not pay" at the forum trans- but they paid me after 3 or 4 months. It was only a minor job and have not and would not work for them again. Then recently I received an mail from this agency asking me to change my comment "because the had paid me". True enough. I thought ok fair enough and wrote "paid after 3 or 4 months" - that should be enough to keep any professional away. They could not complain - I only stated the truth. HA!Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Change your comments after one year... Oct 8, 2003

... See more

Giovanni
Collapse

Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That is a good idea Oct 8, 2003

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI wrote:

Giovanni

Thanks a lot Giovanni

Diogo Santos
Diogo Santos
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Don't do that... Oct 8, 2003

If you change your rating, you'll ruin the essence of the Blue Board - warn the fellow translators about bad agencies. Don't be intimidated!

Regards,
Diogo Santos

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board: is it normal to change your mind?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »