Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:02
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Professional organizations Dec 17, 2013

A perfect example of why the next time you vote for the leaders of a professional organization representing translators, you should vote for someone who is actively involved in the profession as a full-time translator who depends on income from translation.

Paola Dentifrigi wrote:

Yes, indeed, we are responsible. But as I am paying other 2 prof. associations already, I might choose to invest my Platinum membership's money elsewhere, if I do not see any improvement. This what I call managing my professional activity - income as well as expenditures

[Edited at 2013-12-17 15:44 GMT]

Radovan Pletka
Radovan Pletka  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:02
English to Czech
+ ...
We should rate Translation agencies like restaurants Jan 6, 2014

We rate translation agencies for how timely they pay on Blue Board.
We should also rate them by how much they pay.
What good is to see that Indian agency is an excellent payer, when their average rate is 3 cents per word?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Allow site members/users to rate each job posting

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »