why does every job say that I do not meet the restrictions set by the job poster?
Thread poster: Alex Lloyd
Alex Lloyd
Alex Lloyd
Spain
Local time: 11:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 18, 2010

Every job that I look at says this, what could be the problem? The website translation in the hotel-tourism for example, I don't see why I do not meet the restricitions.

Can anyone give some advice?

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:40
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please submit a support request Feb 18, 2010

Hello Alex,

Could you please submit a support request including the URL to some of the jobs you are not being allowed to submit quotes on? It will allow me to compare the information in your profile with the requirements in the job postings. Thanks.

Best regards,

Alejandro Cavalitto
ProZ.com Staff

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:40
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Requirements Feb 18, 2010

There are three restrictions for that particular job. They require that you must be a native speaker of English and that you must have Word. Your profile includes both of these requirements. However, the third requirement is that you must be a paying member. The job will be open to non-paying members starting at 8:26pm EST.

Alex Lloyd wrote:

Every job that I look at says this, what could be the problem? The website translation in the hotel-tourism for example, I don't see why I do not meet the restricitions.

Can anyone give some advice?

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
requirements Feb 18, 2010

Hi Alex,

The asker may ask for Proz members only, which you are not, or for Certified Pro members, or for native speakers, or for verified credentials, or certain experience on a given field, or any other restrictions that don`t let you qualify.

Dr. Andrew Frankland
Dr. Andrew Frankland  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:40
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Requirements (again) Feb 18, 2010

When you click on the job offer there should be a box at the top of the page listing the poster's restrictions. Each one is listed individually and it should say whether you meet these restrictions or not.

For example, for the "Mother Agencies" job in Es > En, it says for me:

"The outsourcer has chosen to restrict quoting on this job to those who:
... are companies or agencies only (You are not.)"

Therefore the system won't let me send in an applicati
... See more
When you click on the job offer there should be a box at the top of the page listing the poster's restrictions. Each one is listed individually and it should say whether you meet these restrictions or not.

For example, for the "Mother Agencies" job in Es > En, it says for me:

"The outsourcer has chosen to restrict quoting on this job to those who:
... are companies or agencies only (You are not.)"

Therefore the system won't let me send in an application even if I wanted to.

Andy
Collapse

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:40
English to Russian
+ ...
I have the same problem Feb 18, 2010

A prospective client could place a restriction that a translator MUST live in the country, where English (in your case, and Russian in my case) is spoken.

I am based in Estonia and I am Russian.
Sometimes clients want a Russian native speaker living in Russia.

As I see from your profile you are based in Spain.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

why does every job say that I do not meet the restrictions set by the job poster?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »