One of the changes to be made to the ProZ.com job posting system reads as follows:
9. Efforts will be made to stimulate industry-wide cooperation to support the livelihood of professional translators.
Several ideas for how to approach this have been considered, but at a minimum, links to groups that are active in this area will be maintained. Please share information related to
any groups or individuals that you know that are active in this area.
Of particular interest would be those active in the following areas:
- differentiation on the basis of quality
- establishing a more direct correlation between quality and price
- techniques for boosting productivity
- marketing / negotiation / business skills for translators
Note that although these have been areas of focus in ProZ.com events and trainings for some time, there is ongoing demand for training on these topics in various areas and languages. If you have developed programs in these areas, and would like to deliver trainings or sessions on these topics, please make a proposal
via support ticket.
This is a call to all translators who are, or may be aware of groups or individuals, active in the above areas. Please feel free to submit any links or information you wish to share through the online support system, and thank you in advance to all who are willing to collaborate.