Update on changes made to the ProZ.com job posting system, 18 June, 2010
Thread poster: Jared Tabor

Jared Tabor
Local time: 22:35
SITE STAFF
Jun 18, 2010

Dear Members,

This is the tenth update posted on some of the progress being made in the changes to the ProZ.com job posting system. Previous updates are listed under the "Updates" section at http://www.proz.com/about/ipetition/changes

What's new this week:

• Using some recent surveys and quick polls as a starting point, a ProZ.com Wiki article was started titled Productivity for translators: an overview. As the title indicates, this is designed as an overview of the subject of productivity and how it can apply to translators; it is hoped that not only can this overview be expanded, but that it will lead to more in-depth articles on each of the points covered in the overview. If there are approaches to productivity which have worked for you, please consider adding them to the Wiki.
  • Two other wiki articles were started, Strategies - networking and Getting the most out of industry events. As with all articles in the ProZ.com Wiki, all are encouraged to add to these to help in building the informational resources available to translators.

In relation to the ProZ.com Wiki, a quick poll was run this week. Of over 1,300 voters, 35.3% have said so far that they were not aware that this resource was available. The discussion forum for this poll can be found here. If you know a translator who may be willing to collaborate, or may benefit from the articles in the Wiki, tell them about this resource.

Details on the changes to the job posting system, staff reaction, and member involvement and input can all be seen on the changes to be made to the ProZ.com job posting system pages.

If you have not done so already, you may subscribe to the above pages to receive email notification when updates are made or new information is added.

Thank you to site members for your continued support!

Regards,

Jared
Member services
ProZ.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Mariarosa Coggiola
Italy
Local time: 02:35
English to Italian
+ ...
All my support Jun 20, 2010

I just wish to join in and express my support for the good work you are carrying out. Sometimes I felt "alone" in my endeavours to be more and more professional and win new clients. You are offering us many tools to improve both our productivity and our chances of getting new jobs. Thank you so much!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update on changes made to the ProZ.com job posting system, 18 June, 2010

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search