Update on work being done in relation to the job posting system, 09 July, 2010
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:13
SITE STAFF
Jul 9, 2010

Dear Members,

This is update number 13 posted on some of the progress being made in the changes to the ProZ.com job posting system. Previous updates are listed under the "Updates" section at http://www.proz.com/about/ipetition/changes

What's new this
... See more
Dear Members,

This is update number 13 posted on some of the progress being made in the changes to the ProZ.com job posting system. Previous updates are listed under the "Updates" section at http://www.proz.com/about/ipetition/changes

What's new this week:

As Colin announced earlier this week, beta testing is beginning today on a series of updates to the job posting system. Some of the tools and improvements being added are expected to:

1. allow outsourcers to provide more and better information on posted jobs, permitting translators to better evaluate the work involved and respond accordingly, and

2. allow translators to provide more and better information on the service to be provided.

Details on the changes to the job posting system, staff reaction, and member involvement and input can all be seen on the changes to be made to the ProZ.com job posting system pages.

If you have not done so already, you may subscribe to the above pages to receive email notification when updates are made or new information is added.

Thank you to those who offered to beta test these new features, and thank you as always to ProZ.com members, who make these ongoing improvements possible. Until next week!

Regards,

Jared
Member services
ProZ.com
Collapse

Giuseppe Bellone
Giuseppe Bellone
Italy
Local time: 16:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Jared Jul 9, 2010

You're doing a great job for all of us.
Thank you,
MisterBeppe

tradu-grace
tradu-grace  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
great improvements Jul 11, 2010

You're doing a great job for all of us.
Thank you,

tradugrace

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz (X)
Krzysztof Kajetanowicz (X)  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
I am so gullible Jul 12, 2010

Again I thought there would actually be some news.

The actual news being: "now that we've found some beta testers, there is something new that we're beta testing".

I guess when something does change, I won't even know. Sure, not being a member I shouldn't perhaps address this thread. Still I'm looking forward to things that will make membership worthwhile for me, other than campaigns and e-mails.

[Edited at 2010-07-12 07:48 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:13
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Krzysztof Jul 12, 2010

Hello Krzysztof,

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz wrote:

Again I thought there would actually be some news.

The actual news being: "now that we've found some beta testers, there is something new that we're beta testing".

I guess when something does change, I won't even know. Sure, not being a member I shouldn't perhaps address this thread. Still I'm looking forward to things that will make membership worthwhile for me, other than campaigns and e-mails.

If by "news" you meant items of the sort "this job system feature and that one have been released," then I can understand the disappointment.

An overall goal of these update posts is keep members informed on the work being done in relation to the changes outlined at http://www.proz.com/about/ipetition/changes (not all of those changes are directly related to the job posting system). As the title of the updates appears to cause some confusion, I will see what can be done to give them titles that better cover the content.

Jared

Mary Georgina Hardinge
Mary Georgina Hardinge  Identity Verified
Spain
Thanks for keeping us posted, Jared Jul 14, 2010

Thanks for keeping us posted, Jared
Perhaps "updates on job posting system" would both be shorter and cover all eventualities?
Regards
Gina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update on work being done in relation to the job posting system, 09 July, 2010

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »