Questionable BlueBoard entry: who to contact?
Thread poster: Dorothee Racette

Dorothee Racette  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:49
German to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2004

Hello!

There is a certain agency listed on the BlueBoard that owes people thousands of dollars. We have been trying for months to get the accountant to commit to some kind of payment schedule, but there are only empty promises. To our surprise, the very same person posing as an accountant suddenly published a rating for this company (which he supposedly works for or even owns?). He entered a very high rating and heaped praise on this particular business. I already wrote a note to this person, who is a "charter member" of this site and told him I would lodge a complaint.

Where can such complaints be directed?

Thanks

Dorothee


 

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:49
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Please write... Feb 7, 2004

Dear Dorothee,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please write to me personally, or to any of the ProZ.com moderators, including more details (ex. name of the company, person who entered the rating etc.) in your email. Thank you and have a nice day.
Monika



[Edited at 2004-02-07 21:11]


 

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dorothee Feb 7, 2004

Hello from Argentina!

I have passed your query to the Jobs Area and Blue Board coordinators, Ralf and Giuliana: http://www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=about/jobs&show_mode=team

You may write to them or contact any of the mods as Monika points out.

Many thanks for letting us know about this situation.

Happy translations!!

José Luis


Dorothee Racette wrote:

Hello!

There is a certain agency listed on the BlueBoard that owes people thousands of dollars. We have been trying for months to get the accountant to commit to some kind of payment schedule, but there are only empty promises. To our surprise, the very same person posing as an accountant suddenly published a rating for this company (which he supposedly works for or even owns?). He entered a very high rating and heaped praise on this particular business. I already wrote a note to this person, who is a "charter member" of this site and told him I would lodge a complaint.

Where can such complaints be directed?

Thanks

Dorothee


[Edited at 2004-02-07 21:16]


 

Dorothee Racette  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:49
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 7, 2004

Thank you both very much for your fast response!

Dorothee


 

charlesink
Local time: 11:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
No habría que divulgarlo, una vez que se verifique? Feb 7, 2004

Monika Coulson wrote:

Dear Dorothee,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please write to me personally, or to any of the ProZ.com moderators, including more details (ex. name of the company, person who entered the rating etc.) in your email. Thank you and have a nice day.
Monika



[Edited at 2004-02-07 21:11]


 

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Carlos... Feb 8, 2004

How are you?

The names of agencies cannot be discussed in the fora. The Blue Board is the site to do so.

Now, if the agency has not followed the rules regarding the BB and it has ranked itself through one of its own (the accountant), it could face a from a warning to the exclusion from the BB.

Cheers,

JL


 

Adela Van Gils  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:49
German to Dutch
+ ...
After owing translators thousands of dollars just a warning ? Mar 7, 2004

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk wrote:

How are you?

The names of agencies cannot be discussed in the fora. The Blue Board is the site to do so.

Now, if the agency has not followed the rules regarding the BB and it has ranked itself through one of its own (the accountant), it could face a from a warning to the exclusion from the BB.

Cheers,

JL


After owing translators that amount of money and posting a fake BB rating regarding your own company, a warning is not enough.


 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:49
English to German
+ ...
Options for action are limited Mar 7, 2004

Hi Adela,
After owing translators that amount of money and posting a fake BB rating regarding your own company, a warning is not enough.

Pepelu's comment was related to self-rating only - note that this has nothing to do with any unpaid claims. Thing is, as ProZ.com is not a party to any agreement between job posters and translators, its options for action are limited.

You may want to have a look at the ProZ.com termination policy - Jobs Area moderators will not hesitate to block the job posting rights of non-payers, provided that we get at least three independent confirmations. However, that is as much as we can do - we cannot get involved beyond this.

Best regards, Ralf


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questionable BlueBoard entry: who to contact?

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search