points lost for information (Mod: Deducting BrowniZ more than once for the same BB record)
Thread poster: Valentina Cafiero

Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:09
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Feb 18, 2004

I hope it is the right forum for this question.
I tried to find out information about an agency. I am not a platinum and to read it I had to pay with my browinz, but there it's written just for once and you can always have access. I tried again and I lost points. Is it ok or not?
Thanks in advance
Valentina

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Contact me with details, please Feb 18, 2004

Hi Valentina,
I hope it is the right forum for this question.

Er...no, but that's no problem - I moved the thread to ProZ.com Job Systems.

I tried to find out information about an agency. I am not a platinum and to read it I had to pay with my browinz, but there it's written just for once and you can always have access. I tried again and I lost points. Is it ok or not?

Once you gained access, you should be able to regain access without being charged BrowniZ again (provided you're logged in, that is).

Please contact me through my profile, indicating which BB entry caused the problem.

Best regards, Ralf

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
Was it the same agency? Feb 18, 2004

You pay Browniz for each agency you want to view. If you have paid for viewing one agency's details, you should then no longer be deducted the points and you should be able to view the entry as many times if you wish.
On the other hand, each time you want to view an agency's details (different from the one you viewed before), you have to pay with BrowniZ again. So if you view details of three agencies, you will lose points 3 times.
Another possiblity is, that there are sometimes double entries for the same agency (although the moderators have been working to remove them) and maybe you have viewed two different lists.
If none of this is the case, then i assume it was a bug.

Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no it wasn't Feb 18, 2004

No Elvira, it wasn't the same agency, but It happened also with the same, so I don't undestand the rule...

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

You pay Browniz for each agency you want to view. If you have paid for viewing one agency's details, you should then no longer be deducted the points and you should be able to view the entry as many times if you wish.
On the other hand, each time you want to view an agency's details (different from the one you viewed before), you have to pay with BrowniZ again. So if you view details of three agencies, you will lose points 3 times.
Another possiblity is, that there are sometimes double entries for the same agency (although the moderators have been working to remove them) and maybe you have viewed two different lists.
If none of this is the case, then i assume it was a bug.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Details... Feb 18, 2004

Hi again,
No Elvira, it wasn't the same agency, but It happened also with the same, so I don't undestand the rule...

This shouldn't happen, but in order to check why it might have, I need the details of which agency you accessed...

TIA, Ralf

Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details... Feb 20, 2004

Hi again,
To find out exactly which BrowniZ charges were made, go to My ProZ.com - My Wallet. You should see all deductions there.

HTH - Ralf

[Edited at 2004-02-20 18:26]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

points lost for information (Mod: Deducting BrowniZ more than once for the same BB record)

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search