Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Profile expertise categories replaced with new taxonomy (no more BSOs)
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:33
Spanish to English
Boxes all over the place Feb 23, 2004

When I open this page to edit my specific fields, the boxes move all over the place, and it is therefore impossible to select anything. Help!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:33
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Screenshot, Nikki? Feb 23, 2004

Nikki Graham wrote:

When I open this page to edit my specific fields, the boxes move all over the place, and it is therefore impossible to select anything. Help!

Nikki, do you think you could send a screenshot (to henry-filtered at proz dot com?) Also let me know what browser + OS you use. Thanks!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Entry simplified, discrepancies corrected (?) Feb 23, 2004

I took Fuad's suggestion and changed the page so that even if the max number of entries is exceeded, the data entered remains in the form.

I believe I have also solved the problem that led to some of the discrepancies in the profile lists of specializations. You may need to edit once more to make the data clean, though. Sorry!

As for ordering the specializations, please wait on that a bit. Thanks!

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:33
English to Chinese
+ ...
No KudoZ notifications now... Feb 25, 2004

Hi all, I ticked some of the choices in the Expertise Area, but since then I have been unable to receive any KudoZ notifications.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Should not be related Feb 25, 2004

BBW C.Tran,ATIO wrote:

Hi all, I ticked some of the choices in the Expertise Area, but since then I have been unable to receive any KudoZ notifications.

This info is not currently considered in the sending of KudoZ notifications. Something else must be to blame... any ideas?

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
Maybe you are right, Henry! Feb 25, 2004

I just got one KudoZ email, so it works again(I assume). BTW, Henry, I want to cross out the last four letters "ATIO" in my username, would you kindly verify my ID again? Thanks a bunch in advance!

Henry wrote:
This info is not currently considered in the sending of KudoZ notifications. Something else must be to blame... any ideas?

[Edited at 2004-02-25 17:34]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
OK, BBW Feb 25, 2004

BBW C.Tran,ATIO wrote:

BTW, Henry, I want to cross out the the last four letters "ATIO" in my username, would you kindly verify my ID again?

Yes, sure. Please post when you have done so.

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you! Feb 25, 2004

I have already changed it. Thanks again, Henry.

Henry wrote:

Yes, sure. Please post when you have done so.

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Positive status report Feb 26, 2004

With the changes that have been introduced, I have been able to set my fields of expertise. Thank you for the changes.

tr. (X)
tr. (X)
Local time: 14:33
English to Italian
Well done for the new category system Feb 28, 2004

First of all, thank you so much for changing the category system to a more practical and common one, that was very much needed and is very much appreciated

Secondly, I'd like to offer a suggestion for making the "Edit your fields of expertise" form itself more practical and user-friendly.

Currently, if you select more than the given amount of subjects for "working" or "specialty", you will only get a war
... See more
First of all, thank you so much for changing the category system to a more practical and common one, that was very much needed and is very much appreciated

Secondly, I'd like to offer a suggestion for making the "Edit your fields of expertise" form itself more practical and user-friendly.

Currently, if you select more than the given amount of subjects for "working" or "specialty", you will only get a warning after clicking the "Update" button, and the page will go back to its previous saved settings.

If possible, it would be much more convenient if the warning on exceeding the selection limit could be displayed instantly, via a Javascript popup or something like that. So that the user wouldn't "lose" the newly changed settings and could immediately modify them to comply with the limit.

That would make the whole process a lot faster and handier.

- Maybe this would work better if you used checkboxes instead of popup menus. You could have three columns side by side, one for "working", one for "specialty", one for "interest", each of them repeating the full list of subjects, and the Javascript would make sure that if you click a checkbox in one column, the same checkbox can't be selected in the other. I'm not an expert in Javascript but I think with checkboxes it's easier to set the limit of how many can be selected for each column. I've seen such forms in action somewhere, I'm sure...

Anyway, just a thought!
Collapse

jerrie
jerrie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Henry / ProZ Tech Staff Mar 5, 2004

Nikki Graham wrote:

I have the same problem as Nikki.
Any advise?
TIA

Carla Araújo
Carla Araújo  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same problem here Mar 7, 2004

I use Internet Explorer + Windows 98

TIA
Carla

Anne de Freyman
Anne de Freyman
English to French
Exactly the same here Mar 10, 2004

Ccastelo wrote:

TIA
Carla

I have the same problem. Just registered. Explorer + Windows 98

jerrie
jerrie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Forgot to add Mar 10, 2004

Anne de Freyman wrote:

Ccastelo wrote:

TIA
Carla

I have the same problem. Just registered.

Explorer + Windows 98

I use Internet Explorer + Windows ME

Jean-Marie Le Ray
Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:33
Italian to French
+ ...
Working and specialty categories Mar 11, 2004

Hi Henry,

I tried to choose some categories, but the system answered : "You have selected too many working fields. Please select 30 or fewer."
First, I think the working categories are not enough and should be without limit, or even with an higher one.
Second, if there is a limit (40), should it be possible to have a counter in such a way you can know how many working (and specialty) categories you are choosing?
Many thanks.
Jean-Marie

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile expertise categories replaced with new taxonomy (no more BSOs)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »