Greater Manchester Police Authority (GMPA) is seeking expressions of interest from companies capable
Thread poster: Nedzad Selmanovic

Nedzad Selmanovic
Local time: 05:54
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2004

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) serves a multicultural population of over 2.5 million. Interpreters are used throughout the force to enable non-English speaking people to communicate effectively with GMP.
This service will be required via telephone links 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. The contract will be open for other UK police forces to use. The contract period will be 1 August 2004 to 31 July 2005 with the provision to extend for a period of up to 2 further years.
Tender documentation must be requested in writing from the Procurement Support Desk, Greater Manchester Police, 10th floor, Chester House, Boyer Street, Manchester, M16 ORE, fax 0161 856 1115, e-mail: procurement@gmp.police.uk and accompanied by a cheque for £25.00 made payable to Greater Manchester Police

P.S.
It would be highly appreciated if any agency inteding to respond to this advert. includes me in the project because I have earned more then 5 years experience translating/interptreting for United Nations - International Police Task Force (English into Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian and vice versa). I am willing to provide references and other important paperwork.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Lesley Clayton
France
French to English
+ ...
£25? Feb 27, 2004

I've never heard of paying to apply for a job!

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:54
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
It is a tender for a contract Feb 27, 2004

Lesley Clayton wrote:

It is not a job, it is a tender for a contract in the public sector, and it is not for freelancers but for agencies (£25 is a very modest sum for any business).

I'm no expert in that field, but I'm inclined to believe that it is normal practice for these procedures and, of course, perfecly legal, or the Police force would not use it...

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2004-02-27 11:39]

Lesley Clayton
France
French to English
+ ...
Thanks for the explanation Feb 27, 2004

I didn't realise this was normal practice in Britain when tendering as a company.

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

Lesley Clayton wrote:

It is not a job, it is a tender for a contract in the public sector, and it is not for freelancers but for agencies (£25 is a very modest sum for any business).

I'm no expert in that field, but I'm inclined to believe that it is normal practice for these procedures and, of course, perfecly legal, or the Police force would not use it...

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2004-02-27 11:39]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greater Manchester Police Authority (GMPA) is seeking expressions of interest from companies capable

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search