Does ProZ.com filter email messages sent directly to job posters? (Staff: No)
Thread poster: writeaway
writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2012

I have a question about jobs that are posted but have to be applied for directly to the job poster's e-mail.
Twice now I've applied for jobs that were open when I applied but were closed by the time I sent the e-mail. I would like to know if the job poster actually receives the e-mail in such cases. I didn't receive the bcc email in either case. Since no e-mail was sent to my address, I would like to know if Proz filter these e-mails even though they are supposedly sent directly to the pos
... See more
I have a question about jobs that are posted but have to be applied for directly to the job poster's e-mail.
Twice now I've applied for jobs that were open when I applied but were closed by the time I sent the e-mail. I would like to know if the job poster actually receives the e-mail in such cases. I didn't receive the bcc email in either case. Since no e-mail was sent to my address, I would like to know if Proz filter these e-mails even though they are supposedly sent directly to the poster?
Thanks.
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com does not manage users' email accounts Jun 15, 2012

Hello writeaway,

ProZ.com does not --and could never, technically speaking-- filter email messages you send directly to outsourcers (or anyone) from your email account, no matter the status of the job posting.

Lucia

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 15, 2012

Thanks Lucia. That's what I wanted to know. Perhaps there is a glitch in the system since the bcc email never arrived (in both cases).

Vikki Pendleton
Vikki Pendleton  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:21
German to English
+ ...
@writeaway Jun 15, 2012

Do you mean that you send your emails via proz rather than directly from your own email account? If so, I'm curious as to why you do that.

When you send an email via proz, the recipient is informed of your email address for replies, so I don't see the difference between sending via proz and using your own account, apart from the potential for your copy of your email to go astray.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does ProZ.com filter email messages sent directly to job posters? (Staff: No)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »