https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/227192-how_to_include_audio_files_in_profiles_and_job_quotes.html

How to include audio files in profiles and job quotes
Thread poster: Christopher & Rozilene Frye
Christopher & Rozilene Frye
Christopher & Rozilene Frye  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:17
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2012

There is currently no way to send audio files that I know of, and this is a big problem for voice-over artists. There should be a way for people to at least post MP3s. We had to use the audio greeting link on our page to put up one voice sample.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Linking to hosted mp3 files Jun 18, 2012

Dear Christopher & Rozilene,

You should be able to upload your mp3 files to a file hosting website (any file hosting website on the web) and post the links to those files in the "About me" section of your profile or in a custom tab (i.e. extra tab). And for job, you can simply include the links to your files in job quotes.

For more information on custom tabs, please visit
... See more
Dear Christopher & Rozilene,

You should be able to upload your mp3 files to a file hosting website (any file hosting website on the web) and post the links to those files in the "About me" section of your profile or in a custom tab (i.e. extra tab). And for job, you can simply include the links to your files in job quotes.

For more information on custom tabs, please visit http://www.proz.com/faq/profiles/profile_tabs.html#custom_tabs

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Brazil
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Big hassle Jun 18, 2012

Yes, but why don't they just make it so we can upload MP3s to ProZ?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
The suggestion has already been acknowledged in the past... Jun 18, 2012

... and it will eventually be evaluated for possible implementation. However, for the time being, unless you have a ProZ.com hosting account where to host your mp3 files and then link to them, you have to host them outside ProZ.com.

Thanks for the feedback!

Lucia

Brazil
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What is a ProZ hosting account? Jun 18, 2012

What is a ProZ hosting account?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to include audio files in profiles and job quotes

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »