https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/23345-delays_in_receiving_non_platinum_postings.html

Delays in receiving non-platinum postings
Thread poster: Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Local time: 02:05
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2004

Not a very snappy title I know but I seem to be having a bit of a problem receiving jobs.

Lately I've noticed that no matter what email system I use I just can't click over to jobs. More of a problem is that about five minutes ago I was checking my email when a posting turned up. I clicked on it (job 59348 - a Russian to English marriage certificate) and found it was closed. This wasn't a "platinum only until..." job, just standard.

I've been thinking of going pl
... See more
Not a very snappy title I know but I seem to be having a bit of a problem receiving jobs.

Lately I've noticed that no matter what email system I use I just can't click over to jobs. More of a problem is that about five minutes ago I was checking my email when a posting turned up. I clicked on it (job 59348 - a Russian to English marriage certificate) and found it was closed. This wasn't a "platinum only until..." job, just standard.

I've been thinking of going platinum recently - I've had quite a few jobs through Proz already - but if the jobs are already closed when I go to apply this would be a bit of a problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Regards,

Elizabeth Sumner
www.polaris-translation.co.uk
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 21:05
SITE FOUNDER
Sometimes outsourcers close job immediately Jul 27, 2004

We keep a log of all outgoing emails, so if you would like to find out where a delay was introduced you can simply send the alert in question as a support request and we will be able to tell you what time the post was made, and what time the email left our server for that of your ISP. Very seldom recently (ie. the past year) are there any delays on our end; usually emails go out within a minute or two, and very rarely does more than 5 minutes pass.

More likely is that an outsourcer
... See more
We keep a log of all outgoing emails, so if you would like to find out where a delay was introduced you can simply send the alert in question as a support request and we will be able to tell you what time the post was made, and what time the email left our server for that of your ISP. Very seldom recently (ie. the past year) are there any delays on our end; usually emails go out within a minute or two, and very rarely does more than 5 minutes pass.

More likely is that an outsourcer posted a job and closed it immediately. It is also possible that the delay was with your service provider. Last I checked, the free email services had up to 15 minute delays. (They may be doing better now.)
Collapse

Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
Is there a delay with Platinum members on non-public e-mail lately? Aug 23, 2004

Hi,
I just got 2 e-mail notifications in my mail, but cannot see either of the jobs on the jobs list. The latest job that shows up in my combination is Aug 20 (today is the 23rd). I did refresh the page. Is there something else I should be doing that I've missed? It's possible that both jobs were closed, but it seems strange that there was no action whatsoever since the 20th.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
If they were closed Aug 23, 2004

you'd see a message saying that they were closed.

Can you give the links, please?

Claudia

Chinese to English
+ ...
Oops... Aug 23, 2004

Sorry, I think I erased them, because this morning my web-based e-mail was "over quota", forcing me to zap a lot of stuff to avoid having things bounced back to clients. Usually I erase the e-mail notifications because I just check the front page in the morning for new jobs.

I do remember that one of them was "medical", and it wasn't the medical job listed currently from Aug 18 on the front page. Both were Chinese to English, if that helps. Sorry I can't supply the e-mail or link wh
... See more
Sorry, I think I erased them, because this morning my web-based e-mail was "over quota", forcing me to zap a lot of stuff to avoid having things bounced back to clients. Usually I erase the e-mail notifications because I just check the front page in the morning for new jobs.

I do remember that one of them was "medical", and it wasn't the medical job listed currently from Aug 18 on the front page. Both were Chinese to English, if that helps. Sorry I can't supply the e-mail or link which would be much more logical.
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
It seems that everything is all right Aug 23, 2004

and that there has been no action.

The latest job I see in Chinese-English is
http://www.proz.com/job/60827, from August the 20th.

Claudia

Chinese to English
+ ...
Me too. Aug 23, 2004

That's the latest one I see, too.
I was just curious because I did have notifications this morning (2 of them) by e-mail, and I'd checked my e-mail last night quite late, so they shouldn't have been left over from before.

I guess we can chalk it up to Internet sunspots or something?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delays in receiving non-platinum postings

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »