https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/25052-viewing_jobs_statistics_views_quotes.html

Viewing jobs statistics (views/quotes)
Thread poster: lien
lien
lien
Netherlands
Local time: 13:31
English to French
+ ...
Sep 25, 2004

I would really like to see, under the job posting, how many people have viewed it and how many did answer.

You find that nearly everywhere now, on the jobs offering sites.

I don't know why not to do it, and it will give an indication for everyone, jobs posters and free lancers.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-09-25 16:49]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Number of quotes displayed Sep 25, 2004

Hi lien,
I have moved the thread to ProZ.com job systems; keeping suggestions which are clearly jobs-related here will make it easier to take them on board when re-designing jobs functions.

Note that the number of quotes is displayed for those jobs where the poster has requested quotes to be submitted - obviously, it's impossible for ProZ.com to display that data for jobs requiring quotes by e-mail.

Best regards, Ralf

Selçuk Budak
Selçuk Budak  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:31
English to Turkish
+ ...
Or a way to view all bids submitted! Sep 25, 2004

!!!

[Edited at 2004-09-25 20:35]

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:31
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
A counter should be helpful Sep 27, 2004

Technically its possible to exclude multiple viewings and viewings from specific IP-addresses (moderators). So a counter for the amount of viewings would be helpful.
But I think there are other issues too that could be improved in the Jobs-section. The forums and the Kudoz-section of Proz.com are leading the competition, but perhaps not the jobs-section. It is true that there are many jobs on offer, but most of them are priced extremely low. What could Proz.com do to attract better-paying
... See more
Technically its possible to exclude multiple viewings and viewings from specific IP-addresses (moderators). So a counter for the amount of viewings would be helpful.
But I think there are other issues too that could be improved in the Jobs-section. The forums and the Kudoz-section of Proz.com are leading the competition, but perhaps not the jobs-section. It is true that there are many jobs on offer, but most of them are priced extremely low. What could Proz.com do to attract better-paying clients?
Would it be better to force bidders to bid on jobs only using the bid-button? That means email-addresses of the client would not be provided at all.
But that needs a different thread all together.
I'm in favor of the counter suggested.
Collapse

Ruxi
Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
Counter is good but... Sep 27, 2004

The problem with the jobs is not that of statistics.
One can see how many bids are made for a job.
To see how many people have seen the offer is not very important.
The fact that many are bidding directly through e-mail is not bad.
It is very well to have some information about the outsourcer before bidding.
Low prices? Some would like to have them! To have a job at all!They where never refused!
Low prices are given by the market. Now we just have an enormous
... See more
The problem with the jobs is not that of statistics.
One can see how many bids are made for a job.
To see how many people have seen the offer is not very important.
The fact that many are bidding directly through e-mail is not bad.
It is very well to have some information about the outsourcer before bidding.
Low prices? Some would like to have them! To have a job at all!They where never refused!
Low prices are given by the market. Now we just have an enormous offer of translators and a very low demand.
The problems are first the jobs "only platinum", where you can not even see the outsourcer's name and which as I always said is very unfair and then the lack of feedback.
No one is writing back:"Thank you, we have received your mail, or you are bad, or so".You just bid in a black hole.
Some jobs do not have bids, some other are being retired immediatly.
The "platinum only" are another black hole. I never understood why they have to write "platinum only till x.a.m or p.m". What happens after that time? Do you have a chance afterwards to bid as non-platinum? Usually not, because they disappear.
It is really an offend for the bidders (because they hope), better give up those hours put there, if they are not usefull in any case.
The job-system is indeed the worst on this site and not because of the prices, but of the system itsself and the lack of jobs.

Ruxi
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
viewing job bids of all others Oct 21, 2004

Selçuk Budak wrote:

!!!

[Edited at 2004-09-25 20:35]
I don´t think this is a productive idea. What would be the purpose of viewing others bids?
Brandis

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
# of Views vs. Bids Oct 31, 2004

was your initial suggestion lien, was it not? Scrolling down I realize that it's being missed.

If I'm not wrong at this, I support the suggestion. That is, having a counter to show how many times a job offer has been viewed (by unique viewers, of course) as well as how many people have placed bids for it. I think the difference between these two values could give an idea to the translator, and also could convey a message to the outsourcer. If the details of a job is viewed 129 times
... See more
was your initial suggestion lien, was it not? Scrolling down I realize that it's being missed.

If I'm not wrong at this, I support the suggestion. That is, having a counter to show how many times a job offer has been viewed (by unique viewers, of course) as well as how many people have placed bids for it. I think the difference between these two values could give an idea to the translator, and also could convey a message to the outsourcer. If the details of a job is viewed 129 times, but only 2 bids placed on it, it might well be due to an unrealistic deadline, or too low prices, or an unreliable impression the outsourcer gives... for example. Why should we not have this feature?
Collapse

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly Oct 31, 2004

Xola wrote:

I think the difference between these two values could give an idea to the translator, and also could convey a message to the outsourcer. If the details of a job is viewed 129 times, but only 2 bids placed on it, it might well be due to an unrealistic deadline, or too low prices, or an unreliable impression the outsourcer gives... for example. Why should we not have this feature?

Thank you to put in a better way what I meant.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Viewing jobs statistics (views/quotes)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »