https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/257930-prozcom_staff_can_remove_illegal_offers_ridiculous_low_rate_jobs_staff_please_read_last_post.html

ProZ.com staff can remove illegal offers / ridiculous low rate jobs (Staff: please read last post)
Thread poster: Joanna Wang
Joanna Wang
Joanna Wang  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:39
English to Chinese
Oct 16, 2013

I just learned that translators can submit a request so that Pro Z staff can remove illegal offers/ ridiculous low rate jobs. Please share with others.

Luca Vaccari
Luca Vaccari  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:39
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Also nice to "lockout" certain offerers? Oct 16, 2013

Nice to know. My point would also be to be able to identify some offerers that keep on searching new translators all the time, and do not even bother to answer back to providers' mails.
I mean.. if these "customers" look for new people every week/month, probably nobody wants to work for them because:
- the price is too low for the work needed
- they do not pay
- any other reason?
I mean that there should be a chance to identify them, or at least "lock them out" of o
... See more
Nice to know. My point would also be to be able to identify some offerers that keep on searching new translators all the time, and do not even bother to answer back to providers' mails.
I mean.. if these "customers" look for new people every week/month, probably nobody wants to work for them because:
- the price is too low for the work needed
- they do not pay
- any other reason?
I mean that there should be a chance to identify them, or at least "lock them out" of our "job listing". If anybody knows how to do it, please tell me and I'll be grateful!
Collapse

Marie-Helene Dubois
Marie-Helene Dubois  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
only if they are really illegal Oct 16, 2013

"ridiculous low pay" is subjective and I don't imagine that Proz would police this.

There is no such thing as an offer that is below the minimum wage (note the word *wage*) being illegal for freelancers.

We are FREElancers, which means FREE to refuse or ignore such offers.

nrichy (X)
nrichy (X)
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
How about Oct 16, 2013

Marie-Helene Dubois wrote:

"ridiculous low pay" is subjective and I don't imagine that Proz would police this.

There is no such thing as an offer that is below the minimum wage (note the word *wage*) being illegal for freelancers.

We are FREElancers, which means FREE to refuse or ignore such offers.

FREE meaning "with no or little cost" ?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com may only remove job postings that are not in line with site rules Oct 16, 2013

Hello all,

Joanna Wang wrote:

I just learned that translators can submit a request so that Pro Z staff can remove illegal offers/ ridiculous low rate jobs. Please share with others.

As Samuel Murray clarifies at http://www.proz.com/post/2212700#2212700 , ProZ.com site staff does not remove job postings based on rates, but only if they are not in line with site rules and policies. This is so because ProZ.com believes that the translator is in the best position to determine what he or she needs to charge to deliver the requisite quality on a given job irrespective of the budget range specified by job posters.

For more information on ProZ.com jobs, please visit http://www.proz.com/faq/jobs.html or http://www.proz.com/about/ipetition/faq

Also, given that this issue is now clarified, and to avoid further confusion, I'm locking this thread now. Please feel free to use the ProZ.com suport center if you have any further doubts or comments. Thanks.

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com staff can remove illegal offers / ridiculous low rate jobs (Staff: please read last post)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »