Rate ranges disappearing in bids: a bug in the bidding form? (Staff: Fixed)
Thread poster: Luca Tutino

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:59
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 24, 2013

Lately I have noticed a suggestion next to the rate field in the bidding form sounding like if you do not have a fixed rate, you should quote a range rather than a precise figure (I am quoting by heart because the bidding form is not available when there are no new jobs at hand).

I have tried to follow the suggestion in my last two quotes, but both the resulting Preview and My Quotes pages end up only showing the minimum figure of my rate range. This is already a very significant problem in itself, especially if the clients selects my bid and I am led to believe that I quoted only the lower end of my range.

But I am afraid that the situation might be even worst, since the wrong results in My Quotes might probably reflect what the clients actually receive, and this would obviously be a big blunder!

In any case an urgent amend seems to be required.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:59
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Haven't come across this Oct 24, 2013

I haven't noticed this, Luca, probably because I don't think I ever quote ranges on that form. But I understand when you say you don't want your range of rates being truncated to just the minimum.

I think it would be a good idea to check with ProZ.com staff by sending a support request with all the information, links and attachments. You can do that from here: http://www.proz.com/support/

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ staff fixed it. Oct 30, 2013

Thank you, Sheila. I have followed your advice. Of course it was not possible for me to send links a screenshots - because bidding forms are only available during a real bid, and I would not enter a wrong rate just to demonstrate the issue. Nonetheless, ProZ staff (Maria Kopnitsky) carefully read my message, reproduced the problem and had it fixed.

This might be regarded as a small detail, but in my eyes it is such care that really makes ProZ a great site/tool/marketplace for us translators - most probably one of the best among any profession.

[Edited at 2013-10-30 22:47 GMT]

Hin und Wieder  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
German to Dutch
+ ...
All the time Oct 31, 2013

It hapens to me all the time. I guess it relates to the ,or .

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:59
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Good news Oct 31, 2013

I'm glad it got sorted so rapidly, Luca. Staff here are generally pretty responsive.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate ranges disappearing in bids: a bug in the bidding form? (Staff: Fixed)

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search