Are there bots responding to the job postings?
Thread poster: Guillermo Urbina Valdés
Guillermo Urbina Valdés
Guillermo Urbina Valdés  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 14, 2014

Hi everyone!

Lately I've noted that some quotes are submitted way too fast for some jobs posted on the site. For instance, I received a notification and clicked on it immediately. The email had been sent less than 10 seconds before I clicked on the link and there were already 4 quotes submitted before I even got to the "submit quote" button. Do you think anyone is using bots to submit quotes?

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 20:24
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
Ad time Feb 14, 2014

You recd. a notification, right, but did you check the job post time? Because I get a notification sometimes up to 12 hours later.

Angelique Blommaert
Angelique Blommaert  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:24
Member (2012)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Never seen one Feb 14, 2014

I posted jobs and never had bots sending in their CV. The notifications sometimes get to me very late, so I guess that's what happens here.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:24
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Go online if you want to be first Feb 14, 2014

If you're actually looking at the site when they're published, you'll find it can be some time later that you'll be notified. So the first ones to submit quotes will be those who see the job when it appears on the ProZ.com site.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are there bots responding to the job postings?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »