Thread poster: sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 06:26
English to French
+ ...
Mar 23, 2005

Hi

I am not sure I am in the right forum for this, please feel free to move this post to the right forum.

I run into the same problem every time I bid for a proofreading job: the system tells me it cannot accept my bid because it is below my price range. Of course it is, my proofreading rates are lower than my translation rates!

Is there a way we can solve this technical glitch?

Sarah

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:26
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Sarah Mar 23, 2005

Did you try to use the "Other pricing" box?

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 06:26
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I did Mar 23, 2005

Hi Natalie,

Yes I did but that gave me an error message saying that the pricing field cannot be empty. I had to enter my regular -translation- rate in that box and specify "for this job" in the Other Pricing box to be able to submit my bid.

Sarah

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:26
Italian to English
+ ...
Repeat Price in Comment Box Mar 23, 2005

I've run into this a couple of times. I tend to use "other pricing" as was suggested but I almost always repeat my rates in the comment box below as well. Just a suggestion.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Price range for bids

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »