Deleting a Quote/Submitting a new Quote
Thread poster: Andrea Bruning Beltrao

Andrea Bruning Beltrao  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:04
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2016

I just posted a quote and misspelled the name of the person who posted the job! Is there a way to delete this quote and submit a new one!?
Should I even do that? Or just hope they ignore that error?

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:38 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:04
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
Submit a new quote Dec 5, 2016

Hi Andrea, I think you will have to submit a new quote. Whenever I noticed I had missing information I wanted to add, I always submitted a new quote as there is no way I can edit the quote once sent. Now, I make sure I have all the information I want to add in advance. It does look a bot bad but there is nothing doing, I'm afraid. However, I no longer submit quotes as I no longer bother seeing that agencies ask for 'your best rate' or hardly had any luck when I submitted a quote, and many people say the same thing. I'm not sure if you can completely delete a quote before deadline and submit a new one. Good luck.

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:15 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:04
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
No way to delete if it was an email Dec 5, 2016

Andrea Bruning Beltrao wrote:
I just posted a quote and misspelled the name of the person who posted the job! Is there a way to delete this quote and submit a new one!?
Should I even do that? Or just hope they ignore that error?

Posters choose between two ways of receiving quotes: either through the ProZ.com interface, or by a regular email.

If you quoted for this job by email, all you can do is "reply" to it with a note apologising for the error. Whether it will be seen as a positive sign (i.e. you do care, you just erred), or as a negative sign, is something that only the poster will be able to determine for sure. If you quoted through the interface, there's a "delete" option in your list of job quotes: http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/ . Of course, any new quote will go to the end of the queue, date/time-wise. Alternatively, you can select the quote and then you'll see a "Quote Notes" box at the bottom of the screen.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Bruning Beltrao  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:04
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 6, 2016

Thanks for the help, Josephine!

Josephine Cassar wrote:

Hi Andrea, I think you will have to submit a new quote. Whenever I noticed I had missing information I wanted to add, I always submitted a new quote as there is no way I can edit the quote once sent. Now, I make sure I have all the information I want to add in advance. It does look a bot bad but there is nothing doing, I'm afraid. However, I no longer submit quotes as I no longer bother seeing that agencies ask for 'your best rate' or hardly had any luck when I submitted a quote, and many people say the same thing. I'm not sure if you can completely delete a quote before deadline and submit a new one. Good luck.

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:15 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Bruning Beltrao  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:04
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 6, 2016

Thanks, Sheila!


Sheila Wilson wrote:

Andrea Bruning Beltrao wrote:
I just posted a quote and misspelled the name of the person who posted the job! Is there a way to delete this quote and submit a new one!?
Should I even do that? Or just hope they ignore that error?

Posters choose between two ways of receiving quotes: either through the ProZ.com interface, or by a regular email.

If you quoted for this job by email, all you can do is "reply" to it with a note apologising for the error. Whether it will be seen as a positive sign (i.e. you do care, you just erred), or as a negative sign, is something that only the poster will be able to determine for sure. If you quoted through the interface, there's a "delete" option in your list of job quotes: http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/ . Of course, any new quote will go to the end of the queue, date/time-wise. Alternatively, you can select the quote and then you'll see a "Quote Notes" box at the bottom of the screen.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting a Quote/Submitting a new Quote

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search