Thread poster: Andrea Bruning Beltrao
Andrea Bruning Beltrao
Andrea Bruning Beltrao  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:01
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2016

I just posted a quote and misspelled the name of the person who posted the job! Is there a way to delete this quote and submit a new one!?
Should I even do that? Or just hope they ignore that error?

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:38 GMT]

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 19:01
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Submit a new quote Dec 5, 2016

Hi Andrea, I think you will have to submit a new quote. Whenever I noticed I had missing information I wanted to add, I always submitted a new quote as there is no way I can edit the quote once sent. Now, I make sure I have all the information I want to add in advance. It does look a bot bad but there is nothing doing, I'm afraid. However, I no longer submit quotes as I no longer bother seeing that agencies ask for 'your best rate' or hardly had any luck when I submitted a quote, and many people... See more
Hi Andrea, I think you will have to submit a new quote. Whenever I noticed I had missing information I wanted to add, I always submitted a new quote as there is no way I can edit the quote once sent. Now, I make sure I have all the information I want to add in advance. It does look a bot bad but there is nothing doing, I'm afraid. However, I no longer submit quotes as I no longer bother seeing that agencies ask for 'your best rate' or hardly had any luck when I submitted a quote, and many people say the same thing. I'm not sure if you can completely delete a quote before deadline and submit a new one. Good luck.

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:15 GMT]
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:01
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
No way to delete if it was an email Dec 5, 2016

Andrea Bruning Beltrao wrote:
I just posted a quote and misspelled the name of the person who posted the job! Is there a way to delete this quote and submit a new one!?

Posters choose between two ways of receiving quotes: either through the ProZ.com interface, or by a regular email.

If you quoted for this job by email, all you can do is "reply" to it with a note apologising for the error. Whether it will be seen as a positive sign (i.e. you do care, you just erred), or as a negative sign, is something that only the poster will be able to determine for sure. If you quoted through the interface, there's a "delete" option in your list of job quotes: http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/ . Of course, any new quote will go to the end of the queue, date/time-wise. Alternatively, you can select the quote and then you'll see a "Quote Notes" box at the bottom of the screen.

Andrea Bruning Beltrao
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 6, 2016

Thanks for the help, Josephine!

Josephine Cassar wrote:

Hi Andrea, I think you will have to submit a new quote. Whenever I noticed I had missing information I wanted to add, I always submitted a new quote as there is no way I can edit the quote once sent. Now, I make sure I have all the information I want to add in advance. It does look a bot bad but there is nothing doing, I'm afraid. However, I no longer submit quotes as I no longer bother seeing that agencies ask for 'your best rate' or hardly had any luck when I submitted a quote, and many people say the same thing. I'm not sure if you can completely delete a quote before deadline and submit a new one. Good luck.

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:15 GMT]

Andrea Bruning Beltrao
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 6, 2016

Thanks, Sheila!

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Andrea Bruning Beltrao wrote:

Posters choose between two ways of receiving quotes: either through the ProZ.com interface, or by a regular email.

If you quoted for this job by email, all you can do is "reply" to it with a note apologising for the error. Whether it will be seen as a positive sign (i.e. you do care, you just erred), or as a negative sign, is something that only the poster will be able to determine for sure. If you quoted through the interface, there's a "delete" option in your list of job quotes: http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/ . Of course, any new quote will go to the end of the queue, date/time-wise. Alternatively, you can select the quote and then you'll see a "Quote Notes" box at the bottom of the screen.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting a Quote/Submitting a new Quote

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »