Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Blue Board: Applications System Release Announcement (members-only feature)
Thread poster: justin C
Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 22:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank U Jan 31, 2006

Thank you Justin for your quick response. I`ll wait, then.
Walter

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:27
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I was able to send an application Jan 31, 2006

following the link in the e-mail notification.
If you click on "You can also view a list of outsourcers who are accepting applications from you by visiting", the link leads to ProZ as the only outsourcer.
But if you click the link behind "You currently meet the outsourcers requirements for
applying. Please visit ... to apply to this outsourcer.", you will be taken to the form, where you can apply.

Regards
Jerzy

Dees
Dees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:27
English to French
+ ...
All's working great now! Jan 31, 2006

justin wrote:

Hi all,

There was a small bug in the Applications code that was not correctly checking a certain restriction for applying. The bug has been fixed and everything should be working properly now.

Thank you all very much for pointing this out!!

Best Regards,
Justin

Hello,

Ten minutes after you sent this message, I received email notifications saying that such and such outsourcer now accept applications and I can access the 'Apply now' area without any problem.

I don't have the problem that Natalya is experiencing. I can see the names of the outsourcers listed just under the Proz test entry.

Thank you Justin and good luck everyone!

Mitsuko

Leo te Braake | dutCHem
Leo te Braake | dutCHem  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
same problem Jan 31, 2006

Mitsuko Moine wrote:
when I click on 'Apply now', the new page shows the following message: "You do not meet the criteria for submitting an application to this outsourcer." But then, if this is the case, why do they appear in my list in the first place?

I had the same experience and I have the same question...

Leo

Kevin Harper
Kevin Harper  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
E-Mail Notifications Jan 31, 2006

I don't actually want to receive E-mail notifications for this, but I can't find anywhere to turn them off.

I can imagine that once things get under way I could have to filter out huge numbers of E-mails otherwise.

As far as the feature itself is concerned, it is an excellent idea. Apart from jobs listings on sites like these, it is difficult to know which agencies would be interested in my particular services. This system opens up the proz.com system to agencies' trans
... See more
I don't actually want to receive E-mail notifications for this, but I can't find anywhere to turn them off.

I can imagine that once things get under way I could have to filter out huge numbers of E-mails otherwise.

As far as the feature itself is concerned, it is an excellent idea. Apart from jobs listings on sites like these, it is difficult to know which agencies would be interested in my particular services. This system opens up the proz.com system to agencies' translator databases, which is where most of the work in this industry comes from.

I would just rather deal with applications through the proz.com website.
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 21:27
English
TOPIC STARTER
Unsubscribe option Jan 31, 2006

Hello everyone,

Very good point, this was overlooked, but I will have an unsubscribe option up as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your comments, and I will be addressing any bugs as soon as possible as well.

Best Regards,
Justin

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Please use ProZ.com for testing Jan 31, 2006

Hi all,
Thanks for quite a number of serious applications submitted tonight - for those of you who used it for testing purposes, may I kindly request that you use ProZ.com's BB record?

Thanks, and best regards
Ralf

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
same here Jan 31, 2006

Natalya Zelikova wrote:
I have just received e-mail notification about the outsourcer whose requirements for applying I meet (and I am able to apply by clicking on direct link in that e-mail). But when I click my Applications tab, it looks like nobody's listed there except for ProZ.

And quite annoying in fact. I received three emails from the same outsourcer. I followed the link only to find that the outsourcer was nowhere to be seen, only Proz.com in the list.

Anmol
Anmol
Local time: 06:57
I don't see any records other than ProZ either Feb 1, 2006

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

I have just received e-mail notification about the outsourcer whose requirements for applying I meet (and I am able to apply by clicking on direct link in that e-mail). But when I click my Applications tab, it looks like nobody's listed there except for ProZ.

Same problem here, I see only ProZ listed. As a matter of fact, when I click the link in the email notification

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb&viewPage=apply&agency_id=xx where xx is the agency id stated in the e-mail,

I get the message

"The agency ID you specified is not valid or this outsourcer is not currently accepting applications."

I checked the agency id, it matches the agency name in the email notification.

[Edited at 2006-02-01 06:33]

Lucie LAVERGNE
Lucie LAVERGNE  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
technical adjustment needed? Feb 1, 2006

Mitsuko Moine wrote:

Hello,

I have just had a look and have already got a few outsourcers listed but when I click on 'Apply now', the new page shows the following message: "You do not meet the criteria for submitting an application to this outsourcer." But then, if this is the case, why do they appear in my list in the first place?

Thank you,
Mitsuko

When I click on the link, the message I get is "The agency ID you specified is not valid or this outsourcer is not currently accepting applications." So there must be some technical details to sort out.

So my question is, even if the link directs you to a proz application form, is it safe to reply? Like with the interpreters map, who showed platinum members who did not want to do interpreting... I don't want to annoy outsourcers with applications they did not really want in the first place, or which have nothing to do with what they're looking for...

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Indeed Feb 1, 2006

Hi Lucie,

When I click on the link, the message I get is "The agency ID you specified is not valid or this outsourcer is not currently accepting applications." So there must be some technical details to sort out.

This may be due to the fact that the outsourcer has deactivated the function (note that this may be temporary; last night I deactivated it for my BB record, but will certainly bring it back once a few bugs have been sorted out).

So my question is, even if the link directs you to a proz application form, is it safe to reply? Like with the interpreters map, who showed platinum members who did not want to do interpreting... I don't want to annoy outsourcers with applications they did not really want in the first place, or which have nothing to do with what they're looking for...

To be on the safe side, have a look at the outsourcer's BB record before submitting an application - outsourcers using the applications function can post additional requirements there.

Best regards,
Ralf

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 21:27
English
TOPIC STARTER
Application should be up within the next day or two Feb 1, 2006

Hello all,

The applications system has temporarily been taken down to accomodate feature requests by our members and outsourcers.

We plan to have it up within the next day or two. I will reply to this thread when everything is back up again.

Best Regards,
Justin

LATAM Agent
LATAM Agent  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is it something wrong with the Applications system? Mar 16, 2006

Following is the mrssager I receive:

"You do not currently meet the criteria of any outsourcers that are accepting applications. Please check back at a later time"

How can I troubleshoot and find out what is the impediment, so I could improve it.
It should be a screen where we could toggle some information/values to findout in which hipotetic case of qualifications may some Outsorces bee interested.

Rod

Anastasia Giagopoulou
Anastasia Giagopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 04:27
Member (2007)
English to Greek
Very useful, indeed! Jun 12, 2007

It is a very interesting tool! I believe it can be quite useful for marketing purposes.

Piotr Burzykowski
Piotr Burzykowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Deleting/Rejecting applicatiopns Sep 24, 2007

Hi,

Would there be a bug in the "Reject application" feature? I can't seem to be able delete any of the applications when I click on "Reject".
I'm running Firefox 2, Windows XP Pro SP2.

Kind regards,

Piotr

--
LocWorks - Piotr Burzykowski
Localization Made Simple
Web: http://www.locworks.net

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board: Applications System Release Announcement (members-only feature)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »