Job notification options for non-members
Thread poster: Momoka
Momoka  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:22
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2006

Today I received a notification for a job posted by an outsourcer who had chosen to restrict it to Proz.com members. Not being a member, I wanted to filter this kind of notifications through some kind of option in the Job notifications page, but there wasn't such an option there. Did I look in the wrong place? If not, could this kind of option be included (only notifications for non-members, or something like that?).
It's not that I find it annoying, but I'd prefer not to receive notifications of jobs I can't quote on.
Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2006-03-04 05:02]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxmediamatrix
Local time: 10:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
a suggestion ... Mar 5, 2006

I think it would be helpful if jobs that are reserved for members until some deadline has passed could be notified to non-members when that deadline expires, rather than concurrently with the notification to members.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:22
SITE FOUNDER
I'll make a note of the request to add this option Mar 5, 2006

Momoka wrote:

Today I received a notification for a job posted by an outsourcer who had chosen to restrict it to Proz.com members. Not being a member, I wanted to filter this kind of notifications through some kind of option in the Job notifications page, but there wasn't such an option there. Did I look in the wrong place?

No, we do not have that option yet. When the issue first came up, a number of non-members expressed a preference to be notified of job restricted postings, too.

Adding this option sounds like a good idea. I will make a note of it.

Momoka  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:22
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Henry. Mar 6, 2006

Henry wrote:

Adding this option sounds like a good idea. I will make a note of it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job notification options for non-members

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search