Thread poster: Rebecca Barath

Rebecca Barath  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:10
Member (2005)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 14, 2006

How can an agency that is banned from posting jobs on Proz still be posting? I had a discussion with the agency previously because I would not accept a job due to their dubious payment practices, and they got somewhat hostile. (contacted through profile)

Direct link Reply with quote

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:10
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
I think everyone is allowed to post through profile unless we filter Mar 14, 2006

How can an agency that is banned from posting jobs on Proz still be posting? I had a discussion with the agency previously because I would not accept a job due to their dubious payment practices, and they got somewhat hostile. (contacted through profile)

I sometimes receive spam through profile, then I think everyone can contact us through our profile, unless we filter, I think there is an option (receive messages from members only, receive no messages through profile, receive messages from everyone)

Cheers

Angio

Rebecca Barath  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:10
Member (2005)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Mar 14, 2006

However I guess I didn't word that quite correctly, the agency in question contacted me previously, now they are actually posting under jobs. Is what I meant!

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:10
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Would you please Mar 14, 2006

send me the agency details privately, via my profile? Did they contact you via your profile? It is possible the block hasn't been applied to profile messages feature, though it should.

BR,

Uldis

Rebecca Barath wrote:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency banned from posting...is posting

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search