My job has appeared on another site
Thread poster: Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:13
French to English
May 10, 2006

I posted this job here on Friday May 5th.
http://www.proz.com/job/107005

No probs with the procedure, all has gone according to plan (so far!). I note that it says I have "...requested that this job not be posted elsewhere."

However, I have now received three offers from a site called transquotation.com, where it appears my job was given the number 312922. I say "appears" si
... See more
I posted this job here on Friday May 5th.
http://www.proz.com/job/107005

No probs with the procedure, all has gone according to plan (so far!). I note that it says I have "...requested that this job not be posted elsewhere."

However, I have now received three offers from a site called transquotation.com, where it appears my job was given the number 312922. I say "appears" since, apart from the email offers I have received, I can't actually see any more details on the site than the language pair, subject area and rate (converted into USD).

It seems this site may be connected to this crew:
[removed at moderator's request]
...who seem slightly dodgy to put it mildly.

Has anyone else noticed this happening to them? Is it normal?

[Edited at 2006-05-10 10:30]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:13
English to German
+ ...
Contact a Jobs/BB moderator and/or submit a Support Request May 10, 2006

Hi Charlie,
I have just contacted you through your profile.

On a general note, if this happens, please contact a Jobs/BB moderator, and/or submit a Support Request to ProZ.com staff - together we will work look into it.

Best regards,
Ralf

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:13
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Had a feeling you would probably say that :-) May 10, 2006

And though about doing so, but I thought that:
a) jobs mods were for more with problems with the actual posting (something untoward about it, for instance)
b) support requests were for bugs and tech probs with proz itself, and this isn't really the case here
c) I thought it would be useful for you to know if this happens/happened to anyone else, and this seemed the best way to highlight the issue to site users/members.

Regards,
Charlie

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:13
English to German
+ ...
So I'm that predictable, huh... ;-)) May 10, 2006

Hi again,

And though about doing so, but I thought that:
a) jobs mods were for more with problems with the actual posting (something untoward about it, for instance)

That's also part of what we do - we deal with any issues related to Jobs and the Blue Board.
Obviously, our influence on another website may be limited - which is where ProZ.com staff come into play:

b) support requests were for bugs and tech probs with proz itself, and this isn't really the case here

SRs are the communication channel between ProZ.com members/users and site staff.

c) I thought it would be useful for you to know if this happens/happened to anyone else, and this seemed the best way to highlight the issue to site users/members.

Fully agreed - which is why I suggested to edit your posting, to keep it as a general reference.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My job has appeared on another site

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »