Have you been using the applications feature?
Thread poster: Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:06
German to English
Aug 12, 2006

Hi everyone,

This is regarding the applications feature that was introduced earlier this year, whereby outsourcers can request applications from members.

I actually forgot about this feature till about a month ago. I then applied to three outsourcers using this feature, but have had no response till now.

I was wondering how many of you have used this feature with positive results.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best regards
... See more
Hi everyone,

This is regarding the applications feature that was introduced earlier this year, whereby outsourcers can request applications from members.

I actually forgot about this feature till about a month ago. I then applied to three outsourcers using this feature, but have had no response till now.

I was wondering how many of you have used this feature with positive results.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best regards,
Niraja
Collapse

Pablo Grosschmid
Pablo Grosschmid  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
no results Aug 12, 2006

used it a couple of times, not response at all

Sybille Brückner
Sybille Brückner  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
The same Aug 12, 2006

with me. No response

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:06
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Outsourcers should respond Aug 12, 2006

Thanks for your replies, Pablo and Sybille.

Outsourcers apparently ask for applications based on the information found on our profiles, so presumably our qualifications and experience suit their requirements. I think they should therefore respond to our applications, even if it's only to tell us that they don't have any work for us at the moment.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Received applications, doing business with an applicant already Aug 12, 2006

Hi all,
I have received 10+ applications, and established a relationship with four of the applicants. I'm actively doing business with one of them.

As an outsoucer, I find the function extremely useful.

Slight correction, if I may:
Niraja Nanjundan wrote:

Outsourcers apparently ask for applications based on the information found on our profiles, so presumably our qualifications and experience suit their requirements.

That's not quite how the process works; outsourcers indicate their readiness to accept applications, but do not target individual translators (one would use the directory to do that).

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have you been using the applications feature?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »