Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Off topic: Nobody has declined my job, but I still did not get it :-)
Thread poster: Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:57
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 5, 2007

Hello,
I have just received an automatic reply stating that my quote was declined. All right, but why the sender's name is 'nobody"?))))))
The title and the address were like this:
Job [...] Your quote has been "declined"
nobody [bounce-handler@proz.com]

It must be some computer (or software piece) at the ProZ site, so maybe the Staff could change the name to a more reader-friendly, e.g. "Decliner" or "Quote Terminator 1")))

Bye, bye,
Piotr


[Edited at 2007-01-05 12:05]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:57
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
True Jan 5, 2007

Which implies that you actually got it... right?



and if nobody declines everytime you bid... great news... for you

btw, I too received a message from nobody@proz.com but deleted it immediately without opening as it looked sort of strange.

Best of luck with all ur jobs... u must be too bz 2 talk... right?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:57
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nobody does it better.... Jan 5, 2007

seems that nobody is a very important someone... he/she even has a song... http://users.cis.net/sammy/nobody.htm

Well, I guess I prefer nobody, "Quote Terminator" will certainly terminate my ego.. Something like: "quoteinfo" or "quotestatus", sounds better
Bye bye
Ana


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:57
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ritu - that would be so nice :-) Jan 5, 2007

Ritu Bhanot wrote:

Which implies that you actually got it... right?



and if nobody declines everytime you bid... great news... for you

btw, I too received a message from nobody@proz.com but deleted it immediately without opening as it looked sort of strange.

Best of luck with all ur jobs... u must be too bz 2 talk... right?



Too good to be true anyway. Looks that this particular Nobody has the power to decline a quote and so I don't have this job


About beeing bz ... never 2 bz to talk with

Best of luck to you too

P.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:57
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
James Bond theme !!! Jan 5, 2007

Ana Brause wrote:

seems that nobody is a very important someone... he/she even has a song... http://users.cis.net/sammy/nobody.htm

Well, I guess I prefer nobody, "Quote Terminator" will certainly terminate my ego.. Something like: "quoteinfo" or "quotestatus", sounds better
Bye bye
Ana


Thanks for cheering me up after this early morning defeat. James Bond themes are my favourite music when translating.

Best of luck in translation!

P.



[Edited at 2007-01-05 12:04]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:57
Polish to English
+ ...
Nobody looks very dodgy Jan 5, 2007

I've just sent a mail to a colleague via proz and, as always, asked for a copy to be sent to me. In my inbox a few minutes later there was a mail from 'nobody' - that's all - not even [bounce-handler@proz.com]. I very nearly threw it out without opening it - and that's despite having read this forum earlier on today.

I'll be interested to see if I receive a reply . . .


All the best,
Caryl


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:57
German to English
+ ...
nobody knows better Jan 5, 2007

This reminds me of the 'Nobody for President' campaign in the Pogo comic strip a few decades ago, with lots of cute slogans such as 'nobody has the answers', 'nobody can help you', 'nobody can save the country', etc.

But it's probably just the product of the warped mind of a programmer somewhere...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Enrique
Local time: 03:57
SITE STAFF
Well spotted! Jan 5, 2007

Thanks Piotr, Justin will work on this.

Kind regards,
Enrique


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:57
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Poor Nobody! Jan 5, 2007

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized Everybody wouldn't do it. So Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

(Poor Nobody! What Nobody does is never appreciated)


Direct link Reply with quote
 

justin C
United States
Local time: 02:57
English
Reminds me of.... Jan 5, 2007

... who's on first! Are you on first Jack? Somebody is on second, and nobody is on third.

Jack Doughty wrote:

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized Everybody wouldn't do it. So Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

(Poor Nobody! What Nobody does is never appreciated)


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Enrique
Local time: 03:57
SITE STAFF
Problem has been solved Jan 5, 2007

Nice one Jack

The problem has been solved. It had to do with the (lack of) updating of one of our servers. Automatic emails from this server are now been sent by our old and faithful bouce-handler

Thanks again for spotting and reporting this problem.

Regards,
Enrique


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:57
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Admit it, it was fun Jan 5, 2007

right?

just spiced up our lives a bit... at times it gets so boring just translating the same old stuff...


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:57
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seriously serious it was Jan 5, 2007

Ritu Bhanot wrote:

right?

just spiced up our lives a bit... at times it gets so boring just translating the same old stuff...



Ritu: I can swear it was there...

I am hopless at practical jokes, so that was all true, despite the smiles etc.

But... when I looked in my malbox once again I could not see this "nobody", so hey ProZ computer magicians you must have updated my mail - give me a break, how could you do this - please, I have a firewall, or else?))))

Cheers everybody,

Piotr


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:57
English to Spanish
May I steal that one Jack? Jan 5, 2007



Direct link Reply with quote
 

Daniel Gebauer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:57
Member
Spanish to German
+ ...
Nobody is perfect... Jan 6, 2007

I am Nobody...

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nobody has declined my job, but I still did not get it :-)

Advanced search






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search