Who gets banned from posting jobs?
Thread poster: Lucinda
Lucinda  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:35
Member (2002)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2007

I have a question. What are the reasons for someone to get banned from posting jobs at this site.

I see a job posting from someone with a poor BB rating. So the question, how bad does the BB record have to be for this person not to be allowed to post jobs?

Lucinda

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 10:35
English to Indonesian
+ ...
reports of non-payment Sep 20, 2007

i know one outsourcer who is banned from posting job. i don't know whether i can post the link here, but there's a note from the site staff on its blueboard page stating that the outsourcer is banned due to reports of non-payment.

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:35
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Termination Policy Sep 20, 2007

Lucinda wrote:

I have a question. What are the reasons for someone to get banned from posting jobs at this site.

I see a job posting from someone with a poor BB rating. So the question, how bad does the BB record have to be for this person not to be allowed to post jobs?

Lucinda

http://www.proz.com/termination_policy

Uldis

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 04:35
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Termination Policy Sep 20, 2007

Hi Lucinda,

http://www.proz.com/termination_policy

Low LWA (Likeliwood of Working Again) is not enough, as the Blue Board provides information not only about the payment practice, but also about the whole business relation with a specific outsourcer, that's why it is a "Likeliwood of working again" for an outsourcer and no rating. In other words, a service provider might not choose to work again for an outsourcer, even if (s)he got paid, because (s)he didn't like the cooperation, and indicate a low LWA.

There must be non-payment reports as described in ProZ.com Termination Policy.

Giuliana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who gets banned from posting jobs?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search