Who gets banned from posting jobs?
Thread poster: Lucinda Hollenberg

Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:40
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2007

I have a question. What are the reasons for someone to get banned from posting jobs at this site.

I see a job posting from someone with a poor BB rating. So the question, how bad does the BB record have to be for this person not to be allowed to post jobs?

Lucinda

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 14:40
English to Indonesian
+ ...
reports of non-payment Sep 20, 2007

i know one outsourcer who is banned from posting job. i don't know whether i can post the link here, but there's a note from the site staff on its blueboard page stating that the outsourcer is banned due to reports of non-payment.

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 10:40
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Termination Policy Sep 20, 2007

Lucinda wrote:

I have a question. What are the reasons for someone to get banned from posting jobs at this site.

I see a job posting from someone with a poor BB rating. So the question, how bad does the BB record have to be for this person not to be allowed to post jobs?

Lucinda

http://www.proz.com/termination_policy

Uldis

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:40
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Termination Policy Sep 20, 2007

Hi Lucinda,

http://www.proz.com/termination_policy

Low LWA (Likeliwood of Working Again) is not enough, as the Blue Board provides information not only about the payment practice, but also about the whole business relation with a specific outsourcer, that's why it is a "Likeliwood of working again" for an outsourcer and no rating. In other words, a service provider might not choose to work again for an outsourcer, even if (s)he got paid, because (s)he didn't like the cooperation, and indicate a low LWA.

There must be non-payment reports as described in ProZ.com Termination Policy.

Giuliana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who gets banned from posting jobs?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search