Only members can post in this forum
How to get jobs at ProZ.com
Thread poster: Sarah Wachilonga
I am a new proz.com member, I have read a lot in the forum on how to get started. Among the suggestions given is that I have to submit my application letters to as many companies as possible. I am however having problems on how to do this, do I have to open the companies profile one by one and submit my letter? and how do I know if that company deals with my language pairs? I would also like some genuine suggestions on how to improve my profile.
Please advise me, thank you all.
| ProZ.com winning strategies || Dec 1, 2010 |
First of all, thanks for joining ProZ.com! Membership will give you visibility to potential clients. However, there are a few other aspects to keep in mind to help you do more with that visibility.
The first thing you should know is that the main channel to get jobs at ProZ.com are direct searches outsourcers conduct in the directory, and not contacting potential clients yourself (not to mention that this is against site rule #3).
Now, having this in mind, check the following strategies to get jobs in the site (i.e. winning strategies):
1. A good profile, as your profile serves as your business card and directory listing, and it is the first impression of you that colleagues and potential clients will have when they find you at ProZ.com and when running web searches.
2. Membership, as members are ranked ahead of non-members in the directory of freelancers and interpreters, http://www.proz.com/translator-directory/ , and are then more visible in searches. Visit this page to check your current directory ranking.
3. KudoZ PRO points in your language pairs and fields of expertise, as this is how directory search results are ranked among the first group (members) and the second group (non-members). A few minutes of effort, a few times a month, may be all that is needed to boost your position in the freelancer directory.
4. Specialization. Let potential clients know what your fields of expertise are by listing fields in your profile in order --your specialty fields must be ordered accordingly, earning KudoZ points in those fields and in your top language pair, providing details in your "About me", etc. More tips on how to show your specialization are available here.
5. PRO status, as becoming a certified PRO will allow you to network and collaborate in an environment consisting entirely of screened professionals, including companies seeking the services of certified PROs only. (it is extremely important though that all previous strategies are put into use, and that all required information is gathered, before applying for inclusion into the Certified PRO Network).
As explained above, membership will give you visibility. But you have to make sure that, once you are visible to potential clients, you attract their attention and keep them interested by showing them a great profile and what you have to offer.
If you are willing to give these strategies a try --some of them you have already implemented, please let me know and I will be glad to assist you personally.
Also, perhaps you would like to sign up for the free webinar on "Meeting clients at ProZ.com" I will be offering this next Friday at 16:00 GMT:
For more information on ProZ.com winning strategies, please visit http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/ProZ.com_winning_strategies
Hope this helps!
| || |
Thank you for the step by step guide on how to improve my visibility to potential customers and how to improve on my profile. I would like to admit that am unable to have a complete profile, my encouraged profile completeness is at 80% and I would really like to improve on it, your assistance will be highly appreciated. I would also like to attend the free webinar on "Meeting the clients on proz.com", however, I will not be available on 10/12/2010 and therefore request to know if you will be able to schedule another training.
| Site guidance request generated || Dec 1, 2010 |
I have generated a site guidance request for you, Sarah. You should have received an e-mail message with the link to this request. Or else, you can find it here.
I will be replying to this site guidance request in short so that we start working together on your profile and on the rest of winning strategies.
I will also let you know of other scheduled webinars as they are announced.
See you at your site guidance request then!
| Is free enterprise against the rules? || Dec 1, 2010 |
Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
... the main channel to get jobs at ProZ.com are direct searches outsourcers conduct in the directory
, and not contacting potential clients yourself
(... this is against site rule #3
So, according to you, contacting potential clients yourself as a freelancer is against one of ProZ's rules?
I did not know ProZ was so much against free enterprise and competing in the market place. Does ProZ set the rules as to how the economy factors should interplay?
Long before the existence of ProZ, freelancers have been freely offering their services to whoever they want, they will continue doing so long after ProZ disappears from the planet.
To be frank, I am not even interested in learning what ProZ's position is in this regard, since whether or not a freelance translator contacts potential clients is nobody's business but the freelancer's.
| At ProZ.com, unauthorized solicitation is not allowed || Dec 1, 2010 |
I am afraid I may not have expressed myself correctly in my previous reply. What I meant was that, at ProZ.com, unauthorized solicitation, sent via the forums, profile messages or elsewhere, is not allowed as for site rule 3, http://www.proz.com/siterules/general/3#3
Hope this clarifies and sorry for the misunderstanding.
| | priiyap
Local time: 22:59
English to Malayalam
| How to get jobs notifications to my mail id || Jan 15, 2014 |
I would like to have all the jobs posted in Proz, but only with my language pair or my specialization fields. Could you please let me know if there is any option available in Proz & how should I activate it.
Thanks in advance.
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
How to get jobs at ProZ.com
|Déjà Vu X3 |
|Try it, Love it|
Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking
More info »
|BaccS – Business Accounting Software|
|Modern desktop project management for freelance translators|
BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!
More info »