Only members can post in this forum

Membership cost USD/EUR
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 8, 2012

I just wanted to renew my membership. Until last year, I paid in Euro, so I was astonished, when I tried to pay, to see the same amount in USD and EUR. I therefore wrote a support ticket and was promptly told that this was an error and that I would be charged the corresponding amount in EUR. So I proceeded and paid with my credit card. Only afterwards I got the "apologies" from ProZ and a link to the FAQs where indeed they say that the same amount in USD and EUR will be charged (for whatever reason, and surely a valid one). But wouldn't it have been more correct to state this clearly in their form? One is not supposed to read first through the FAQs, right?

I won't say that the difference is overwhelming, it's just a question of transparency and correctness, in my opinion, and I would have preferred to know this before.

Direct link

paravena  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:22
English to Spanish
membership price Oct 12, 2012

Hi Christel,
Same thing happened to me! I didnt know, it wasnt mentioned anywhere. Now, i see they have even charged it twice! i dont know who to contact. I have written them and get no answer.
Regards,
Paola

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Membership cost USD/EUR

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search