https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_membership/58222-how_long_does_it_take_for_the_support_to_cancel_and_refund_a_membership.html

Only members can post in this forum

How long does it take for the support to cancel and refund a membership?
Thread poster: Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 24, 2006

I submitted the request on the 21st, got a message that it was reassigned on the 23rd, still waiting...:roll:

Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 00:05
English to Hindi
+ ...
why ask for refund? Oct 24, 2006

But... to start with, why ask for a refund? I am sure there should be more reasons to continue with a membership than to cancel it. This is what I can state from my experience.

Roomy

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:35
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
there can be many reasons Oct 24, 2006

Roomy Naqvy wrote:

But... to start with, why ask for a refund? I am sure there should be more reasons to continue with a membership than to cancel it. This is what I can state from my experience.

Roomy

Graciela may just not be statisfied, like many others. No need to justify herself

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 14:35
English
Sorry for the delay, Graciela. Please be patient Oct 24, 2006

Hi Graciela!

Sorry for the delay in your refund, we currently have only one person who processes refunds. She should be processing your refund within a day or two, so please be patient in the meantime.

Best regards,
Justin

Ruth Martínez
Ruth Martínez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
And you're lucky... Oct 24, 2006

Hi Graciela,

I don't know how long it takes, but it seems that much longer than it takes them to debit your account.

I submitted a support ticket on the 14th of September with a similar issue (refund after having to cancel my attendance to the Edinburgh Conference) and haven't heard from them yet.

Good luck!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
We will take care of these two at the soonest. Oct 24, 2006

I apologize for this unacceptable delay.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Your refund is issued, Graciela Oct 24, 2006

And I have responded to your support ticket, Ruth, asking for details on how to pay. I suspect the delay on yours may be related to the slight complication of refunding only the conference portion of your joint purchase.

In any case, the delay is certainly unacceptable and I wil make sure this is cleared up as soon as possible.

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue sorted Oct 24, 2006

Roomy, I first registered on the site around 1999 or 2000 and started a platinum membership in 2002. At this moment I personally find more reasons not to continue a paid membership.

Ruth, I hope your case is sorted soon too.

Thanks, Henry (my grandma used to say, "if you want things done right, do them yourself")

Ruth Martínez
Ruth Martínez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
And still waiting... Oct 30, 2006

So I thought my case was going to be dealt with immediately, or that was the impression that I got from Henry's response to my support ticket and forum post.

I've now submitted all my details but I'm still waiting. Does it really take that long (over 1 month) to work out a refund?

Ruth

PS: Graciela, I'm happy your issue is sorted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How long does it take for the support to cancel and refund a membership?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »