https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_membership/89869-question_about_renewal_offer.html

Only members can post in this forum

Question about renewal offer
Thread poster: Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:16
German to English
+ ...
Nov 21, 2007

I just saw a pop-up ad for the renewal offer. It says my membership expires Jan. 2, 2008, but that I would get an extra 40 days of membership if I renew now, i.e., the number of days left in 2007. If I have already paid through 2007, how am I getting those 40 days for free? The 40 days left in 2007 can't be extra if I've already paid for them. Can someone explain this to me? By my reckoning, an extra 40 days would mean that my membership would be good for an extra 40 days beyond Jan. 2, 2009 (on... See more
I just saw a pop-up ad for the renewal offer. It says my membership expires Jan. 2, 2008, but that I would get an extra 40 days of membership if I renew now, i.e., the number of days left in 2007. If I have already paid through 2007, how am I getting those 40 days for free? The 40 days left in 2007 can't be extra if I've already paid for them. Can someone explain this to me? By my reckoning, an extra 40 days would mean that my membership would be good for an extra 40 days beyond Jan. 2, 2009 (one year of renewed membership plus 40 days).

If this is an offer only for new members, it shouldn't be shown to renewing members, or we should get the extra 40 days tacked onto our current subscription.
Collapse

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:16
French to English
+ ...
The 40 days would get added to the year of membership Nov 21, 2007

Hi Daina,

Thanks for posting. The 40 days would get added to the year of membership (if you buy today, tomorrow it's cut down to 39). New users get the same amount of free days, as they get membership until January 1st 2009.

Best,
Colin

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:16
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Another question (in order not to multiply topics) Nov 21, 2007

How long will I wait for renewal? I've made a purchase with my credit card and got a 2CO.COM Sales Receipt to my mailbox today, but my membership's status did not change.

Konrad Schultz
Konrad Schultz  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:16
English to German
+ ...
Another question ... Nov 21, 2007

Wait until a working day in New York is over.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 20:16
SITE STAFF
If you have any questions or doubts regarding your payment... Nov 21, 2007

Hi esperantisto,

If you have any questions or doubts regarding your payment, the fastest way of resolving this is by opening a support ticket ( http://www.proz.com/support ). Be sure to include the transaction details and order/confirmation number, to make it easier for me to help you with this or to verify the status of the payment. Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about renewal offer

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »