https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_profile_help/173462-was_the_portfolio_area_in_profiles_replaced_by_a_project_history_section.html

Was the Portfolio area in profiles replaced by a Project history section?
Thread poster: Dimitris Papageorgiou
Dimitris Papageorgiou
Dimitris Papageorgiou  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:28
English to Greek
Jun 16, 2010

I 've noticed recently that in the profile the feature of uploading samples has been replaced by the "project history" feature.
Am i correct or that was the case all along?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Both a Portfolio and a Project history section are available in profiles Jun 23, 2010

Hello Dimitris,

First of all, let me apologize for the delay in my reply to your post. I am sorry that it took so long for a reply to be posted here.

Then, let me explain that both a Portfolio section and a Project history section are available in profiles. The Portfolio section is an excellent place to show samples, or test translations, to demonstrate your skills in your language pairs and fields of expertise. You can
... See more
Hello Dimitris,

First of all, let me apologize for the delay in my reply to your post. I am sorry that it took so long for a reply to be posted here.

Then, let me explain that both a Portfolio section and a Project history section are available in profiles. The Portfolio section is an excellent place to show samples, or test translations, to demonstrate your skills in your language pairs and fields of expertise. You can add sample translations or edit your Portfolio here.

Then, the Project history section in profiles provides translators and interpreters with a convenient means of keeping a record of projects done, by language, field and other characteristics. Use it to organize your records, keep track of payments, etc. Additionally, the Project history system allows users to display general details of select projects in their profile pages, in order to communicate to potential clients and collaborators the nature of their past experience. With the clients' permission, client names and feedback can also be shown. When an outsourcer searches the ProZ.com directory for a translator or interpreter, the number of corroborating projects--in the field and pair--will be shown. It is also possible to keep track of, and optionally display, the names of ProZ.com colleagues who have worked with you on a project. You can add projects to your Project history here.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Was the Portfolio area in profiles replaced by a Project history section?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »