https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_profile_help/236969-can_you_add_photos_to_the_%22about_me%22_section_of_your_profile.html

Can you add photos to the "about me" section of your profile?
Thread poster: Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:18
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 8, 2012

Hello everyone,

I would like to add some photos to my "about me" section of my profile. These include scanned copies of certificates, etc. Is there a way to do this? Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Sarah

OG Pete
OG Pete  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Hotlinking Nov 8, 2012

Link to a file hosted on an external server...

I'm sure Google's Picasa Web Albums would do the trick.

HTH

[UPDATE] I just added one to my profile using the above method. Paste in the code from the "Embed image" button in Picasa.

[Edited at 2012-11-08 22:03 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Showing images in ProZ.com profiles Nov 8, 2012

Hello Sarah,

You can add images to the "About me" section of your profile by, as Питер says, uploading your image to an image hosting website and then pasting the HTML code for your image into the "About me" editing section:

http://www.proz.com/settings/personalization#about_me

If you would like to show scanned copies of credentials you ha
... See more
Hello Sarah,

You can add images to the "About me" section of your profile by, as Питер says, uploading your image to an image hosting website and then pasting the HTML code for your image into the "About me" editing section:

http://www.proz.com/settings/personalization#about_me

If you would like to show scanned copies of credentials you have earned, what I suggest is that you create a custom "Credentials" tab instead (i.e. add an extra "Credentials" tab to your profile) and show a copy of them there. You will find instructions on how to add a tab to your profile here:

http://www.proz.com/faq/profiles/profile_tabs.html#custom_tabs

Hope this helps!

Lucia
Collapse

Sarah McDowell
Canada
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 9, 2012

Thank you both of you. I will be following your advice and adding my photos soon.

Sarah

OG Pete
OG Pete  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
No problem Nov 9, 2012

I'm sure there's a lot more that can be done in the "about me" section using inline coding. Удачи!

Peter

Sarah McDowell
Canada
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alternatives to Picasa? Nov 10, 2012

I tried Picasa and I didn't like it. I couldn't upload the photos I selected to the Internet.

What are some good programs that are similar to Picasa?

It's OK, I can figure this out on my own. I see there are lots of alternatives available.

[Edited at 2012-11-10 21:59 GMT]

Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 04:18
English to Russian
+ ...
Photobucket? Nov 11, 2012

Hi Sarah,
I've been using photobucket.com for few years - it's easy and free, and it worked for me (eBay pics, personal photos, etc.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can you add photos to the "about me" section of your profile?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »