Thread poster: Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 18, 2014

A few months ago I had a crazy idea for my profile here in Proz. I was learning about all kinds of neat things that I could do with HTML and thought to myself, "it sure would be cool if I could add some of this stuff to my proz profile!" I've been playing with some different techniques since then, trying to find out just how much proz would let me add in regards to codes, and I finally have something that I'm happy with.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

... See more
A few months ago I had a crazy idea for my profile here in Proz. I was learning about all kinds of neat things that I could do with HTML and thought to myself, "it sure would be cool if I could add some of this stuff to my proz profile!" I've been playing with some different techniques since then, trying to find out just how much proz would let me add in regards to codes, and I finally have something that I'm happy with.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

^_^
Collapse

Carmen Salomón Hernández
Carmen Salomón Hernández  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very nice Jun 18, 2014

Wow, it looks great! Nice design and nice initiative. I didn't know proz allowed you to do so much with html.

Good luck

Triston Goodwin
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 18, 2014

It took a while to figure out, because there are more limits when compared to something like a website. Essentially what I made was the same thing that you see in those marketing emails that come with pictures and links, etc.

Agnes Lenkey
Agnes Lenkey  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Congratulations! Jun 18, 2014

It is really nice and clear, to-the-point and professional. I like it a lot. Hat off to both of you.

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:28
English to Spanish
Very successful experiment Jun 18, 2014

It looks fantastic.

It is remarkable that you guys could do it within the ProZ framework.

Your efforts paid off!

Triston Goodwin
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again! Jun 19, 2014

From a technical viewpoint, everything there is really simple, the trick was getting it all to work together inside my profile. If anyone is interested in doing the same, I can put together a quick guide and links to some tools similar to the ones I used, only free.

ZAINAB FATIMAH
ZAINAB FATIMAH
Indonesia
Local time: 08:28
English to Indonesian
Congratulations! Jun 19, 2014

Very nice indeed! if you can please put together a quick guide and links to some tools similar to the ones you used, if it is free.

Looks good Jun 19, 2014

It look very good...

Even I surprised, proz allowed you to do so much with html.

Nice work

Triston Goodwin
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How-to guide Jun 21, 2014

Howdy folks,

I wrote a quick and dirty guide to how I modified my profile, with links to free tools and programs that you will need. Let me know if you have any questions

http://www.opl10nt9n.com/blog/hacking-your-proz-profile

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My HTML profile experiment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »