Thread poster: Triston Goodwin

Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2014

Hi everyone!

I have been working on this for a while now and wanted to share. I was able to customize the About Me section of my profile here and made a quick guide on how to do the same. I just uploaded it to Youtube and invite you all to take a look.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5a4bHGE54A

Kaisa Azriouli
Finland
Local time: 12:31
Finnish to English
+ ...
customizing your profile Oct 20, 2014

Great work for the profile design - provided that the dreamweaver is not the guarantee of the good looks. I will later on take my time to search whether the notepad really works with your good recipe.

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Design Oct 21, 2014

I certainly could have used Dreamweaver, but that is the whole video and process that I used for my profile as it is right now. WYSIWYGicon_smile.gif

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One more thought Oct 21, 2014

It occurred to me that I should explain that Dreamweaver or Notepad, in this case, is simply there to capture the HTML code and copy - paste it into your profile. We're not editing or changing anything in there (at least in the video).

Victor Westmann (X)
Brazil
Local time: 08:31
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Will try it soon Oct 22, 2014

Hey Tristran,

thanks for sharing the tips and spending your time to record all the steps in a video. Will pimp my Proz Profile page soon!

Cheers.

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Happy to help! Oct 22, 2014

Share a link to your profile in the comments once you have it done, I'd love to see it. Plus you get some free advertising out of iticon_smile.gif

Laura Hargreaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:31
Member (2014)
French
+ ...
Wow! Thanks! Oct 22, 2014

Wow Triston, thanks for sharing this! I didn't realise the profile page could handle HTML and this opens up some exciting possibilities!

I'll be sure to share a link once I've updated my profile to show off the finished result!icon_wink.gif

Kind Regards,

Laura Hargreaves
LanguagesbyLaura.com
Creative Translation and Language Tuition

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't wait to see it! Oct 23, 2014

There is an old guide available here on Proz, but it's out of date and it can be a little intimidating for those not familiar with HTML (even I was a little scared of it!). I really wanted to see how far I could push my account. I tried a few different things with mixed levels of success until one day, while working on an email campaign for a client, it just clicked - my profile needed to be coded like an email. I have been trying to find an easy way for other people to do the same ever since. What I have up currently didn't require any special tools or skills. I built everything during the video and even uploaded it live. Eventually I'm going to replace it with something else, but I wanted to leave it up for a while so people can see that it's real and that it works.

I don't pretend to be a web development expert or anything, I just like finding creative ways to solve problems.

Marina Menendez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Creative Oct 23, 2014

Thanks for sharing!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Customizing Your Proz Profile - A Love Story

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search