Thread poster: Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2008

I really would like to eliminate as many superfluous e-mails as possible, and these include "Asker Notes", "Question Closed" notes and even "Congratulations" for receiving Kudoz points. This is especially the case now that I have a BlackBerry. I really do not want to waste my time (and cell phone juice) opening and deleting these messages.

I don't mean to sound surly here: I very much enjoy Kudoz, but I really want to make my involvement with it completely a matter of choice. My g
... See more
I really would like to eliminate as many superfluous e-mails as possible, and these include "Asker Notes", "Question Closed" notes and even "Congratulations" for receiving Kudoz points. This is especially the case now that I have a BlackBerry. I really do not want to waste my time (and cell phone juice) opening and deleting these messages.

I don't mean to sound surly here: I very much enjoy Kudoz, but I really want to make my involvement with it completely a matter of choice. My guess is that there are other Kudoz participants that feel the same way.

Thank you.

Robert Forstag
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Notification settings Apr 1, 2008

In your profile settings, you can set your KudoZ notifications to off or you can set them so you only get a daily digest notification if you still would like to be kept aware of them once a day.

Otherwise, I agree that there are several different notification types but they don't have their own notification settings. It could be a good idea to introduce these (for example, get notifications when points are awarded without getting congratulations notifications). It may also be nice t
... See more
In your profile settings, you can set your KudoZ notifications to off or you can set them so you only get a daily digest notification if you still would like to be kept aware of them once a day.

Otherwise, I agree that there are several different notification types but they don't have their own notification settings. It could be a good idea to introduce these (for example, get notifications when points are awarded without getting congratulations notifications). It may also be nice to be able to set notifications separately for questions that you have something to do with (you answered, you asked the asker, you agreed/disagreed with somebody else's answer, etc.) versus questions that were posted and you didn't participate in.

I keep my notifications off because even though I like helping people, I don't always have the time and getting notifications, even for questions I may be interested in, can be very counterproductive. I simply visit the website once in a while if I'm in the mood for KudoZ. Same with jobs. Same with pretty much everything else, except maybe for certain forum threads that I want to monitor.

[Edited at 2008-04-01 05:26]
Collapse

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There does not appear to be a way to avoid getting "Question Closed" and "Congratulations" e-mails Apr 1, 2008

Thank you for your reply, Victoria. I've always had my settings such that I would receive no notification of questions. The problem that I addressed in my posting is that there does not seem to be a way, currently, to avoid getting "Question Closed" or "Congratulations" notifications for questions that you have answered. I frankly don't follow my Kudoz progress all that closely and would just as soon wait until I feel like checking to see if I have been awarded points or not. I also find it irri... See more
Thank you for your reply, Victoria. I've always had my settings such that I would receive no notification of questions. The problem that I addressed in my posting is that there does not seem to be a way, currently, to avoid getting "Question Closed" or "Congratulations" notifications for questions that you have answered. I frankly don't follow my Kudoz progress all that closely and would just as soon wait until I feel like checking to see if I have been awarded points or not. I also find it irritating to get the e-mails. They don't take a lot of time out of my day, but I don't understand why I have to get them at all....

Bob
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please introduce option of "No notifications re Kudoz"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »