Asker History - establish a link from members\' profiles
Thread poster: Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 03:50
German to English
+ ...
Jan 11, 2002

The asker history is working now. GREAT. But each profile should have a link to that member\'s history. As I and others have said, the questions would be more telling that any of the answers given.


******


Please do something about the following: one member, in particular, does not log in anymore when posting questions (because he does not want his inane questions to show up in his asker history). Something needs to be done to prevent this type of abuse.


 

John Kinory (X)
Local time: 08:50
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Not just any member ... Jan 11, 2002

... but a prominent one, nay, a moderator.
[addsig]


 

Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Where is this asker history thing? Jan 11, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-01-11 14:44, AbacusTrans wrote:

The asker history is working now. GREAT. But each profile should have a link to that member\'s history. As I and others have said, the questions would be more telling that any of the answers given.




Is this a feature accessible only by paying members, have I just overlooked it, what?


 

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 03:50
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Feature for paying members only? Jan 13, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-01-11 23:08, Jon Zuber wrote:

Quote:


On 2002-01-11 14:44, AbacusTrans wrote:

The asker history is working now. GREAT. But each profile should have a link to that member\'s history. As I and others have said, the questions would be more telling that any of the answers given.




Is this a feature accessible only by paying members, have I just overlooked it, what?




I don\'t think so. I know that there are non-paying members who can access the asker history. It is that little magnifying glass next to the asker\'s name/picture.


 

Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Are we talking about the same place, Werner? Jan 13, 2002

Directly under each KudoZ question it says \"Asker: so-and-so\" and sometimes there\'s a picture. You say beside these there\'s a magnifying glass icon you can click on for asker history? If that\'s where it\'s supposed to be, it isn\'t showing up for me.

 

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 03:50
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Magnifying glass Jan 14, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-01-13 21:57, Jon Zuber wrote:

Directly under each KudoZ question it says \"Asker: so-and-so\" and sometimes there\'s a picture. You say beside these there\'s a magnifying glass icon you can click on for asker history? If that\'s where it\'s supposed to be, it isn\'t showing up for me.




The magnifying glass will only show if the asker is a registered and logged-in ProZ user. Otherwise, you should be able to see it. As I said before, some people, apparently, are now trying to avoid \"fattening\" their asker history (they\'re afraid that potential clients might see their questions) and therefore post questions without logging in.


 

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:50
Member (2004)
English to Italian
please, add a link to asker's history on profiles... Jan 14, 2002

the questions posted show the real level of knowledge and expertise of a given translator... I think it\'s only fair to the outsourcers as well... and all members should be forced to log in when asking questions...


GG


 

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 03:50
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A B S O L U T E L Y R I G H T !!!!!!!!! Jan 14, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-01-14 09:51, guarnieri wrote:

the questions posted show the real level of knowledge and expertise of a given translator... I think it\'s only fair to the outsourcers as well... and all members should be forced to log in when asking questions...


GG




I second that. Henry, please implement this ASAP!!!!! If you want meritocracy, that\'s the best way!


 

Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Still no joy with magnifying glass. Jan 14, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-01-14 02:16, AbacusTrans wrote:

Quote:


On 2002-01-13 21:57, Jon Zuber wrote:

Directly under each KudoZ question it says \"Asker: so-and-so\" and sometimes there\'s a picture. You say beside these there\'s a magnifying glass icon you can click on for asker history? If that\'s where it\'s supposed to be, it isn\'t showing up for me.




The magnifying glass will only show if the asker is a registered and logged-in ProZ user. Otherwise, you should be able to see it. As I said before, some people, apparently, are now trying to avoid \"fattening\" their asker history (they\'re afraid that potential clients might see their questions) and therefore post questions without logging in.




I\'m at a loss. I look only at Pro-level questions, *all* of which are asked by registered, logged-in members, and I\'m not seeing any magnifying glasses. I suppose I\'d better take this up as a support request or bug report. Thanks for the info, Werner.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Asker History - establish a link from members\' profiles

Advanced search






SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search