Thread poster: Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:33
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Jul 8, 2008

Correct me if I wrong, but I can set up so that I see kudoz either from all avaialable pairs, or "Your prefs" which can only include all questions from a SPECIFIC pair, not all the pairs I work on. (Then i have to change the kudoz settings to see questions from another pair).

Is it possible so that one can see SIMULTANEOUSLY in "Your prefs" Kudoz questions from ALL pairs one works on?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 07:33
SITE STAFF
Use the "My languages" option Jul 8, 2008

Hello Spiros,

At http://www.proz.com/kudoz you have the option to select and view "My languages", which will allow you to view questions in the language pair(s) you have declared in your profile. You can do the same if you use the "customize" option for your KudoZ questions on the homepage.

Best regards,

Jared

Spiros Doikas
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 8, 2008

Easier than I thought!

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 04:33
Dutch to English
+ ...
Language pair not in my profile Jul 8, 2008

Jared wrote:

Hello Spiros,

At http://www.proz.com/kudoz you have the option to select and view "My languages", which will allow you to view questions in the language pair(s) you have declared in your profile. You can do the same if you use the "customize" option for your KudoZ questions on the homepage.

Best regards,

Jared

Hi Jared,

I recently removed a language pair from my profile because I don't want to translate in that language combination any more. But I would still like to see the Kudoz questions in that pair. That is not possible unless I change my settings back and forth.

Spiros Doikas
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you can add it to your interest languages Jul 8, 2008

you can add it to your interest languages.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Exactly Jul 8, 2008

Hi Tina,

Spiros is right. Your interest language pairs do not appear publicly in your profile, but will still allow you to customize your KudoZ searches based on your language pairs or receive KudoZ or job notifications in language pairs you are interested in, but in which you do not necessarily work. In fact, you can now search for KudoZ questions using "All of my languages", "My working languages" or "My interest languages" as search criteria.

Best regards,

... See more
Hi Tina,

Spiros is right. Your interest language pairs do not appear publicly in your profile, but will still allow you to customize your KudoZ searches based on your language pairs or receive KudoZ or job notifications in language pairs you are interested in, but in which you do not necessarily work. In fact, you can now search for KudoZ questions using "All of my languages", "My working languages" or "My interest languages" as search criteria.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Marleen Pieper
Marleen Pieper  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:33
Member (2008)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Where to fill out interest languages Jul 8, 2008

Thanks for this thread. I´ve been looking for this option too, that is checking the kudoz questions in languages I don´t work in. Where exactly can I fill out my "interest languages"?

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Dutch to English
+ ...
Can't find it either Jul 10, 2008

Marleen Pieper wrote:

Thanks for this thread. I´ve been looking for this option too, that is checking the kudoz questions in languages I don´t work in. Where exactly can I fill out my "interest languages"?

I can't find it either. I can only choose the language pair I'm working in or 'all languages' - there is no such thing as 'my languages'.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
You need to add the interest pair(s) first Jul 10, 2008

Hello all,

To customize either your searches or notifications for interest languages, you need to add your interest pair(s) to your profile first. Just go to your Profile Updater, under section eight, "Language pairs". Here you can add language pairs to your profile. Once you've added a pair, click on "edit" for that pair and choose the option that says "I only have an interest in this pair, do not show it in my profile".
... See more
Hello all,

To customize either your searches or notifications for interest languages, you need to add your interest pair(s) to your profile first. Just go to your Profile Updater, under section eight, "Language pairs". Here you can add language pairs to your profile. Once you've added a pair, click on "edit" for that pair and choose the option that says "I only have an interest in this pair, do not show it in my profile". Be sure to save your changes. You'll then be able to set your searches or homepage to these pairs if you wish.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Dutch to English
+ ...
Still a problem Jul 11, 2008

After doing all that, I can now choose the 'interest only' language pair. But it still says "show questions and SAVE SETTINGS'. I don't want to save those settings - the next time I go to Kudoz I want to automatically be back to my working language pair.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Search without saving search settings Jul 11, 2008

Thanks Tina. At the moment this is not possible-- you would need to return to the search form and save the settings you want to see the next time you go to http://www.proz.com/kudoz . It does make sense to have the option to search without saving your settings, though, great idea. I'll report back here once it has been added.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions from all pairs of "Your prefs" in Kudoz section

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »