Thread poster: xxxsavaria
xxxsavaria
Hungary
Local time: 15:59
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 15, 2008

I have a suggestion:

I think questions that are specificly addressed to ProZ.com -members should be totally hidden from the view of non-members.It is frustrating to see a question I could answer when the only reason I cannot answer it is not being a proz,that is paying member.

Please hide them from our view.If we,non-members cannot see them,we are not made nervous by them.Right now,we are actually.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
But you can Sep 15, 2008

I answer questions that are for "members" all the time, and as you can see I am not a member. Now and then my answer is even chosen.

So you should be able to do so also unless there is some other restriction such as having a certain number of points or whatever; that I do not know.

bohy  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
I can too Sep 16, 2008

And I am not a member either... I have seen such restrictions sometimes, and was a bit upset as I wondered why a member would want to discourage answers from non members ? If you have the clue, tell me.
To me, it is one of these useless distinctions, just as "Pro" and "Non-Pro".

xxxhazmatgerman
English to German
depends on the day Sep 16, 2008

Sometimes I could post an answer to those, sometimes the relevant fields are invisible. Who knows. I'm not a member.

xxxsavaria
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Strange,very strange... Sep 16, 2008

hazmatgerman wrote:

Sometimes I could post an answer to those, sometimes the relevant fields are invisible. Who knows. I'm not a member.

If it is really so,if it depends on the systems mood,than it is really strange what you say.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding questions that are for PROZ-members from non-PROZ members

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search