Thread poster: savaria (X)

savaria (X)
Hungary
Local time: 21:21
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 15, 2008

I have a suggestion:

I think questions that are specificly addressed to ProZ.com -members should be totally hidden from the view of non-members.It is frustrating to see a question I could answer when the only reason I cannot answer it is not being a proz,that is paying member.

Please hide them from our view.If we,non-members cannot see them,we are not made nervous by them.Right now,we are actually.

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
But you can Sep 15, 2008

I answer questions that are for "members" all the time, and as you can see I am not a member. Now and then my answer is even chosen.

So you should be able to do so also unless there is some other restriction such as having a certain number of points or whatever; that I do not know.

Anne Bohy  Identity Verified
France
English to French
I can too Sep 16, 2008

And I am not a member either... I have seen such restrictions sometimes, and was a bit upset as I wondered why a member would want to discourage answers from non members ? If you have the clue, tell me.
To me, it is one of these useless distinctions, just as "Pro" and "Non-Pro".

hazmatgerman (X)
English to German
depends on the day Sep 16, 2008

Sometimes I could post an answer to those, sometimes the relevant fields are invisible. Who knows. I'm not a member.

savaria (X)
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Strange,very strange... Sep 16, 2008

hazmatgerman wrote:

Sometimes I could post an answer to those, sometimes the relevant fields are invisible. Who knows. I'm not a member.

If it is really so,if it depends on the systems mood,than it is really strange what you say.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding questions that are for PROZ-members from non-PROZ members

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search