Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 19, 2008

Hi,

Upon looking at the conference area, I just noticed that there seems to be a bit of a major difference in the offers of membership included in some of the conference registration fees.

For example, the upcoming conference in which I am interested (in Barcelona), though it is only for a day and it costs just as much as some of the other conferences for two days, only offers 3 months of membership, while most of the other current and past conferences offer 6 months of
... See more
Hi,

Upon looking at the conference area, I just noticed that there seems to be a bit of a major difference in the offers of membership included in some of the conference registration fees.

For example, the upcoming conference in which I am interested (in Barcelona), though it is only for a day and it costs just as much as some of the other conferences for two days, only offers 3 months of membership, while most of the other current and past conferences offer 6 months of membership.

Is there a specific reason for this difference? Would it be possible that all conferences included the same offer of membership months in the registration fee?

On the other hand, I have a suggestion about conferences: create a forum for this category, in the Proz.com forum area, since I think this is becoming a very important activity area of this website.

Kind regards,

Ivette
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 09:42
SITE STAFF
Membership offered with Early bird and regular prices Sep 19, 2008

Hi Ivette,

The Early bird conference prices come with six months of membership; once the Early bird promotion ends and the regular conference price begins, the membership included in the package is for three months.

Separate forums for conferences is an interesting idea. At the moment, threads to talk about the specific conferences have in some cases been opened by the conference organizers, in the language forum for the region involved. I don't see one for the Barcel
... See more
Hi Ivette,

The Early bird conference prices come with six months of membership; once the Early bird promotion ends and the regular conference price begins, the membership included in the package is for three months.

Separate forums for conferences is an interesting idea. At the moment, threads to talk about the specific conferences have in some cases been opened by the conference organizers, in the language forum for the region involved. I don't see one for the Barcelona conference, but you are more than welcome to start a thread for it in the Spanish forum, for example. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I now understand Sep 19, 2008

Jared wrote:

I'm definitely not an early bird (I normally start working at 10:00 a.m.), so it's no wonder I missed this . Thanks for explaining.

Jared wrote:

Separate forums for conferences is an interesting idea. At the moment, threads to talk about the specific conferences have in some cases been opened by the conference organizers, in the language forum for the region involved. I don't see one for the Barcelona conference, but you are more than welcome to start a thread for it in the Spanish forum, for example. Thanks!

As it usually happens in my case when the last quarter of the year begins, I'm really in multi-tasking mode, so I really have limited time right now, but I am sure maybe some of the actual participants in the Barcelona conference may read this and start the thread. I will seriously consider attending, in spite of having missed the early bird price.

Cheers,

Ivette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conferences: difference in membership offer included/forum for conferences

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »