KudoZ: want to follow questions I did not necessarily answer (staff: 'use tracking')
Thread poster: invguy

invguy  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 15:36
English to Bulgarian
Jun 23, 2003

I wonder if those who like to spend some time with KudoZ questions, would agree with me...

The 'search/view all' function on one's own questions/answers is a helpful one. I thought, however, that I'd love to be able to review also those questions where I only gave an opinion, not an answer.

Or - even - simply be able to select a question for monitoring, regardless of whether I chimed in or not.

I mean, oftentimes the answering of a question turns into sorta mini-discussion which might be extremely interesting. As it is now, if I haven't submitted an answer, I need to do quite some browsing to find a question that has attracted my attention on my previous visit... or, alternatively, put down every question that I take a peek at (which hardly anyone would bother to do).

Is such an addition possible? Presumably under SEARCH (& Your Q/A)?

Ideally, I'd imagine being able to 'check' a question for monitoring, where questions I answered or commented on would be checked by default (and I could uncheck them if I wanted) - plus 'search/view all' for:
- questions I answered;
- questions I commented on (without answering) - either giving an opinion or requesting more context;
- questions I selected for monitoring (without answering or commenting);
- questions I asked.

Do you think this make sense?

(Apologies if it has been proposed before, I'm a relatively new member of the site.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:36
German to Croatian
+ ...
Tracking option Jun 24, 2003

invguy wrote:

Or - even - simply be able to select a question for monitoring, regardless of whether I chimed in or not.
I'm a relatively new member of the site.)

As far as I know, you can track KudoZ questions of your interest if you ara a Platinum member (or partial Platinum http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/prem&inquire=1&viewPage=partial_benefits ).

HTH

[Edited at 2003-06-24 09:01]

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:36
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Agree Jun 24, 2003

Tracking questions on which one has expressed an opinion would be a useful addition.

invguy  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 15:36
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Vesna! Jun 25, 2003

[quote]Vesna Zivcic wrote:

As far as I know, you can track KudoZ questions of your interest if you ara a Platinum member (or partial Platinum http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/prem&inquire=1&viewPage=partial_benefits ).

HTH

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:36
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
My incorrect use of word "tracking" Jun 26, 2003

Sorry, I should not have said "tracking", which in ProZ means being sent an email when whatever you are "tracking" comes up. I don't want more emails from ProZ, I am getting all I can handle anyway. This would not be tracking, it would just be an extra option in the "search all/view all" facility.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ: want to follow questions I did not necessarily answer (staff: 'use tracking')

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search