KudoZ: want to follow questions I did not necessarily answer (staff: 'use tracking')
Thread poster: invguy

invguy  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 08:04
English to Bulgarian
Jun 23, 2003

I wonder if those who like to spend some time with KudoZ questions, would agree with me...

The 'search/view all' function on one's own questions/answers is a helpful one. I thought, however, that I'd love to be able to review also those questions where I only gave an opinion, not an answer.

Or - even - simply be able to select a question for monitoring, regardless of whether I chimed in or not.

I mean, oftentimes the answering of a question turns into sorta mini-discussion which might be extremely interesting. As it is now, if I haven't submitted an answer, I need to do quite some browsing to find a question that has attracted my attention on my previous visit... or, alternatively, put down every question that I take a peek at (which hardly anyone would bother to do).

Is such an addition possible? Presumably under SEARCH (& Your Q/A)?

Ideally, I'd imagine being able to 'check' a question for monitoring, where questions I answered or commented on would be checked by default (and I could uncheck them if I wanted) - plus 'search/view all' for:
- questions I answered;
- questions I commented on (without answering) - either giving an opinion or requesting more context;
- questions I selected for monitoring (without answering or commenting);
- questions I asked.

Do you think this make sense?

(Apologies if it has been proposed before, I'm a relatively new member of the site.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:04
German to Croatian
+ ...
Tracking option Jun 24, 2003

invguy wrote:

Or - even - simply be able to select a question for monitoring, regardless of whether I chimed in or not.
I'm a relatively new member of the site.)

As far as I know, you can track KudoZ questions of your interest if you ara a Platinum member (or partial Platinum http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/prem&inquire=1&viewPage=partial_benefits ).

HTH

[Edited at 2003-06-24 09:01]

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:04
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Agree Jun 24, 2003

Tracking questions on which one has expressed an opinion would be a useful addition.

invguy  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 08:04
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Vesna! Jun 25, 2003

[quote]Vesna Zivcic wrote:

As far as I know, you can track KudoZ questions of your interest if you ara a Platinum member (or partial Platinum http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/prem&inquire=1&viewPage=partial_benefits ).

HTH

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:04
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
My incorrect use of word "tracking" Jun 26, 2003

Sorry, I should not have said "tracking", which in ProZ means being sent an email when whatever you are "tracking" comes up. I don't want more emails from ProZ, I am getting all I can handle anyway. This would not be tracking, it would just be an extra option in the "search all/view all" facility.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ: want to follow questions I did not necessarily answer (staff: 'use tracking')

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search