Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:36
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jan 29, 2009

The home page today has a panel at the top saying "Apply to the ProZ.com Certified PRO network to enjoy the benefits of networking and collaborating in an environment of screened professionals. ". I click the cross at top right of it, I am asked "Are you sure?" I click yes, the panel disappears. But the next time I get back to the home page, there it is again. I can't block it with Adblock or Flashblock (Firefox add-ons) because it is not an image. So I have to get rid of it by the same pro... See more
The home page today has a panel at the top saying "Apply to the ProZ.com Certified PRO network to enjoy the benefits of networking and collaborating in an environment of screened professionals. ". I click the cross at top right of it, I am asked "Are you sure?" I click yes, the panel disappears. But the next time I get back to the home page, there it is again. I can't block it with Adblock or Flashblock (Firefox add-ons) because it is not an image. So I have to get rid of it by the same procedure again. Couldn't it be made to disappear permanently on receiving a positive reply to "Are you sure?"

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-01-29 11:43 GMT]
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:06
German to English
The same thing happened to me...... Jan 29, 2009

....and why should we even be seeing it when we've already been admitted to the PRO network?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 00:36
SITE STAFF
Good point Jan 29, 2009

Hi Jack, Niraja,

Thanks for pointing this out. Let me see what can be done.

Best regards,

Jared

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
me too Jan 29, 2009

I was also wondering why this was being displayed to me, when I'm already part of the programme.

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
Local time: 05:36
English to German
+ ...
Same with translation contests ... Jan 29, 2009

Notification banners on translation contests usually also keep popping up time and again, regardless of how often I say that, yes, I am sure I don't want to be shown this banner.

Anything you can do about that, Jared? It's really annoying for those who are not interested in the contests.

Thanks.

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks, Jared! Jan 29, 2009

This panel has now disappeared, so I presume you have done something to make this happen. But I also support the same point about translation contest notifications.

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
It's even advertised at the top of the home page if you're not logged in, ie also for site visitors Jan 29, 2009

... and those of us who don't wish to be screened shouldn't have to see the ad all the time either.

ps-another bug. I wanted to include a previous entry, but every time I clicked on reply with quote, I was taken back to the general page with all forum postings.

[Edited at 2009-01-29 18:35 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 00:36
SITE STAFF
Banner should save your preference, won't show to Certified PROs Jan 29, 2009

Thanks all. If you are already a Certified PRO you should no longer see the banner, and if you select to remove the banner, it should not reappear.

There is not currently a translation contest on, so you shouldn't be seeing any banners for contests at the moment, but I agree you should also have the ability to hide them if you wish.

Writeaway, I will look into the reply with quote issue. If you notice this continues happ
... See more
Thanks all. If you are already a Certified PRO you should no longer see the banner, and if you select to remove the banner, it should not reappear.

There is not currently a translation contest on, so you shouldn't be seeing any banners for contests at the moment, but I agree you should also have the ability to hide them if you wish.

Writeaway, I will look into the reply with quote issue. If you notice this continues happening, please submit a support request with the link of the post(s) where you are trying to do this, and information on the browser and version you are using, which will help in looking into it further. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
Local time: 05:36
English to German
+ ...
Reviving this thread ... Feb 9, 2009

Hi Jared,

Could we also have an "opt-out" (yes, I am sure I don't want to be shown this banner) cross for the banner currently advertising the free of charge webinars on the homepage (for those who are not interested and don't want to be reminded whenever logging in on proz.com)?

Thanks!

Have a good week,
LB

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Yes, I quite agree Feb 9, 2009

In fact, why not apply it to all these special panels which appear at the top of the home page from time to time?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing the Certified PRO banner from my view of the homepage: Yes, I am sure

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »