Thread poster: inkweaver
inkweaver
inkweaver  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:00
French to German
+ ...
Feb 21, 2009

Don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but I couldn't find a better one...

I was actually on the waiting list (which was quite long) for a Wordfast offer. Now I just saw that there is a new offer for Wordfast at the same price as before. I just think it might have been nice to notify those on the waiting list about the new offer, just to make sure they don't miss out if they are interested...

RichardDeegan
RichardDeegan
Local time: 09:00
Spanish to English
Also had probs with WF offer Feb 21, 2009

This might be caused by Wordfast itself. I was also on a list for a WF offer, and when my turn came, the link got me to a general WF site, but it was impossible to use the offer; WF had two prices set, neither covered the offer on ProZ. I tried some time later with another WF offer, but again the link on Proz would not let me enter the "special" Proz pricing.

Steven Sidore
Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:00
German to English
I was notified Feb 21, 2009

I was on that same list and was sent an email by proz.com informing me of the new TGB. Couldn't tell you why you didn't get it, though--maybe you're set not to receive notifications of such things?

Anyway, glad you figured it out in time.

Good luck!

Steven

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 11:00
SITE STAFF
New TGB sale's policy Feb 23, 2009

Hi all,

Every time a new TGB sale starts, every one on the waiting list of the former TGB sale is notified by email about the new sale.

As regards the new Wordfast TGB here is the email and date and time I sent it:

Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 2:33 AM
Subject: New ProZ.com Wordfast TGB

Dear ProZ.com community member/site user,

Recently you were on a waiting list to particip
... See more
Hi all,

Every time a new TGB sale starts, every one on the waiting list of the former TGB sale is notified by email about the new sale.

As regards the new Wordfast TGB here is the email and date and time I sent it:

Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 2:33 AM
Subject: New ProZ.com Wordfast TGB

Dear ProZ.com community member/site user,

Recently you were on a waiting list to participate in a group buy for
WordFast http://www.proz.com/tgb/208, which is now closed .
I am pleased to announce that we have begun a new group buy
sale for WordFast. You can elect your participation by going
to http://www.proz.com/tgb/218

Thank you.

Regards,
Florencia Vita
ProZ.com Team

Please make sure your email notifications are set correctly to receive this kind of emails.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Florencia
Collapse

Shawn Morse
Shawn Morse  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:00
Japanese to English
+ ...
Foreign transaction fee when purchasing SDL Trados products! Jun 25, 2009

If you are a US-based translator who is interested in purchasing an SDL Trados product via TGB, it is important to know that if you decide to pay by a US credit card, you may be assessed a foreign transaction fee (in my case, 3% of the total purchase). This is because SDL Trados products originate from Ireland, regardless of whether you are simply downloading the product online.

Maybe it should be mentioned somewhere in the TGB payment instructions that a foreign transaction fee may
... See more
If you are a US-based translator who is interested in purchasing an SDL Trados product via TGB, it is important to know that if you decide to pay by a US credit card, you may be assessed a foreign transaction fee (in my case, 3% of the total purchase). This is because SDL Trados products originate from Ireland, regardless of whether you are simply downloading the product online.

Maybe it should be mentioned somewhere in the TGB payment instructions that a foreign transaction fee may be assessed by your credit card company when purchasing a product outside your region.
Collapse

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 11:00
SITE STAFF
Good point Shawn Jun 25, 2009

Thanks for pointing that out.

We assumed wrongly that everybody should know that transaction fees are not included in the TGB prices.
Sometimes it is mentioned on the TGB page, but you are right it was never mentioned on the payment instruction email that we send every time a TGB is closed.

From now on, it will be mentioned somewhere in the TGB payment instructions that a foreign transaction fee may be assessed by your credit card company when purchasing a product
... See more
Thanks for pointing that out.

We assumed wrongly that everybody should know that transaction fees are not included in the TGB prices.
Sometimes it is mentioned on the TGB page, but you are right it was never mentioned on the payment instruction email that we send every time a TGB is closed.

From now on, it will be mentioned somewhere in the TGB payment instructions that a foreign transaction fee may be assessed by your credit card company when purchasing a product outside your region.

Thanks again for raising this issue.

Kind regards,
Florencia
ProZ.com
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question regarding TGB

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »