Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 10, 2009

Please can you add width and height values for images in the ProZ.com HTML source code? In particular, small icons with no such values tend to show up disproportionally large when viewing the page with images disabled.

Specifically the RSS icon and the folder icons really need those values.

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
I disagree! Mar 10, 2009

I prefer to see the full image text, which can be trimmed if the image size is set.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
About good HTML and your browser's capabilities Mar 10, 2009

esperantisto wrote:
I prefer to see the full image text, which can be trimmed if the image size is set.

Specifying width and height values is good HTML practice any way you look at it.

You should still be able to see the full image text, if your browser supports it. If your browser doesn't have a method of displaying ALT or TITLE text that exceeds the space allowed for it by the image's natural dimensions, then the fault lies with your browser.

Jon Peck  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:41
English
Adding height / width / alt to RSS icons, folders Mar 10, 2009

Samuel,

Thank you for your feedback. I will get full attributes on the RSS icons and the folder icons in the forums in the near future.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Development Coordinator

Jon Peck  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:41
English
RSS icons and forums updated Mar 11, 2009

Samuel,

As a follow-up, the RSS icons and a few dozen images in the forums have been updated. Additionally, I will be stepping up enforcement on using width and height values in new development.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Development Coordinator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add width and height values for images in HTML source

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search