Thread poster: Elías Sauza

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:56
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 18, 2009

I'm not sure if it is right to discuss this publicly, but I've noticed that the initiative for the Justin Chlebus Memorial Scholarship Fund has been opened for a relatively long time.

It appears that at the present rate it will take too long to reach the target, so maybe something should be done to make it move on.

In order to make this happen, I would suggest that Proz.com evaluated the possiblity of contributing itself with the amount of money needed to reach the target, just as it occurs with other projects where both the promoters and the public share expenses.

Regards,

Elías

Direct link Reply with quote

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 12:56
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
! Mar 18, 2009

Hello,

Actually I think the same !

I applied for the scholarship as I had a master in Spain but no response at all !!!

Regards,

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:56
SITE FOUNDER
We are going to do a matching campaign Mar 18, 2009

Thanks, Elías. You are absolutely right, it is time to top off the fund and start accepting applications. In the next newsletter we are going to announce a matching campaign, where for each dollar contributed in a given period (a week, or something), ProZ.com will match with a dollar. I expect and hope that will do it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About the Justin Chlebus Memorial Scholarship Fund

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search