Vetting of forum postings - is there a list of users that don't need to get approved?
Thread poster: Lany Chabot-Laroche

Lany Chabot-Laroche  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:14
Member (2009)
English to French
Apr 28, 2009

Hello, I was wondering how the posting approval works?

I don't always check if my messages are approved, but sometimes they are approved several hours later when a question already has been answered or when my answer does not exactly fit where the tread is going anymore.

Is there a list of users that don't need to get approved depending on their post history (quality and/or frequency of posts)? Do I need to be a full member to get approved faster? Is it only for random messages? How exactly does that work?

I can understand that there are some bad apples that post things that should not go on these forums, but I also find it unpratical to have to wait several hours to get a message across, it also makes replying to a particular person really difficult as he/she might not check that tread anymore if it is not on the top page.

Thank you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-29 10:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:14
SITE STAFF
Forum post vetting Apr 28, 2009

Hello Lany,

This FAQ explains forum post vetting. With your identity verified, or with membership (or even better, both!), you forum posts will not require vetting. In general site moderators and staff try to vet posts as quickly as possible. Hope this helps clarify.

Best regards,

Jared

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vetting of forum postings - is there a list of users that don't need to get approved?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search