Hengky Chiok
Hengky Chiok  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:58
Member (2008)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
May 21, 2009

Is there a plan to optimize ProZ.com for mobile devices? I believe that many users would welcome the ability to access ProZ on their PDA/smart phones, either to respond to job posting or to seach the KudoZ, to check BB, etc.

Sola Gratia, Soli Deo Gloria,
Hengky

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
RSS feeds available for jobs and forums May 21, 2009

Hello Hengky,

Since March 2009, you can subscribe to your favorite ProZ.com public forums and track job postings matching your preferences in your RSS feed reader.

To do this, just click on the orange button displayed in both the Forums page and the Jobs page.

See the ProZ.com Job RSS feeds announcement here.

You can also see the Forum RSS feeds announcement here.

Note that also KudoZ RSS feeds are being evaluated.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lucia

Hengky Chiok
Hengky Chiok  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:58
Member (2008)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RSS feed is different from a Mobile version May 21, 2009

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello Hengky,

Since March 2009, you can subscribe to your favorite ProZ.com public forums and track job postings matching your preferences in your RSS feed reader.

To do this, just click on the orange button displayed in both the Forums page and the Jobs page.

See the ProZ.com Job RSS feeds announcement here.

You can also see the Forum RSS feeds announcement here.

Note that also KudoZ RSS feeds are being evaluated.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lucia

Lucia, thank you for the speedy reply.

AFAIK, RSS fee is different from a mobile version. What I have in mind is version of this website that is mobile device friendly so that we can continue to access this website through BlackBerry for instance.

The examples I have in mind: m.cnn.com, m.linkedin.com

Sola Gratia, Soli DEO Gloria,
Hengky

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com mobile version was discontinued May 22, 2009

Hello Hengky,

ProZ.com mobile version was released in 2007. However, this feature was not widely used and so it was discontinued recently and replaced by RSS feeds.

You will find more information here.

Regards,

Lucia

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:58
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
sorry Jun 16, 2009

Sorry, now I see the similar topic as my recent one was opened short time ago already...

But anyway, I don't think RSS is a replacement for PDA-like version.
One thing is that not all mobile devices support RSS.
Apart from that, RSS only shows updates etc., but to react one still has to use direct web access.

It would be great if there is be at least something like "mjobs.proz.com" to allow to react to jobs in a timely manner (i.e. not involving 300 kB pages
... See more
Sorry, now I see the similar topic as my recent one was opened short time ago already...

But anyway, I don't think RSS is a replacement for PDA-like version.
One thing is that not all mobile devices support RSS.
Apart from that, RSS only shows updates etc., but to react one still has to use direct web access.

It would be great if there is be at least something like "mjobs.proz.com" to allow to react to jobs in a timely manner (i.e. not involving 300 kB pages on 4 kB connection) wherever you are.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mobile ProZ.com

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »