Thread poster: Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2009

I am not aware of the legal or financial difficulties in opening an internet radio but I suggest such service here if it is possible.

Such radio will broadcast musics according to the requests coming from the users, and DJ's (spokers) will be chosen transaltors.

Program ranges may include:
News from the site
Music (according to the requests or polls)
Article Reading
Radio theaters in various languages
Onine answering to the asked technical
... See more
I am not aware of the legal or financial difficulties in opening an internet radio but I suggest such service here if it is possible.

Such radio will broadcast musics according to the requests coming from the users, and DJ's (spokers) will be chosen transaltors.

Program ranges may include:
News from the site
Music (according to the requests or polls)
Article Reading
Radio theaters in various languages
Onine answering to the asked technical questions (not in a way of conversation. he questions may be received in writing and somebody can answer them during his program)

It can be dedicated in several languages (in some days it can be in other languages but generally will be in English)

I think it will be very easy by using internet phone programs such as Skype.

What do you think about it?
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:01
English to French
+ ...
What is the idea? Jun 4, 2009

Pray tell in which way listening to music is in line with the forum scope? Just wondering...

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Audio Community Jun 4, 2009

ViktoriaG wrote:

Pray tell in which way listening to music is in line with the forum scope? Just wondering...

My suggestion can be interpreted in such way.
Music is not the main point.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:01
Spanish
+ ...
Community podcasts and radio. I love it. Jun 4, 2009

I think that's a great idea! Many service websites have their own podcasts; a Proz podcast-based radio could be really interesting.

I'm thinking different kinds of podcasts in different languages, transmitted at the same time and created by different people that have an insight on a specific topic. For instance, a program about Localization-only, created by one or more people, and transmitted weekly at the same time (just a thought)--that way, people could tune in and ask [b]real-ti
... See more
I think that's a great idea! Many service websites have their own podcasts; a Proz podcast-based radio could be really interesting.

I'm thinking different kinds of podcasts in different languages, transmitted at the same time and created by different people that have an insight on a specific topic. For instance, a program about Localization-only, created by one or more people, and transmitted weekly at the same time (just a thought)--that way, people could tune in and ask [b]real-time questions or comments[b/], via Skype or the program forum. Additionally, each program would be available as downloadable podcasts.

Also, ProZ could make some money adding sponsors, since the podcasts would be topic and language specific, targeting the advertising would be easier to do.

Onine answering to the asked technical questions (not in a way of conversation. he questions may be received in writing and somebody can answer them during his program)

I regularly listen to a podcast that has a "Mailbag" edition, and it is very popular because the panel answers to many questions that are or could be relevant to all listeners.

I hope this idea gets implemented or, at least, considered.

Great suggestion M. Ali.

Edit: I don't know how popular are podcasts among ProZians, but their advantage is that they're portable. They can be downloaded, so they can be played in a ton of places and situations, like driving, walking the dog, etc.

[Edited at 2009-06-04 07:50 GMT]
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 16:01
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Podcast Jun 20, 2009

That's a good idea for the ProZ Community podcast ( thematic or free style). For example, categorized by the entertainment and business- related subdivisions.

I like the idea.

[Edited at 2009-06-20 14:10 GMT]

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:01
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes Jun 20, 2009

It's a great idea, M. Ali. I support it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet Radio?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »