Eleni Makantani
Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 08:01
English to Greek
+ ...
Jun 25, 2009

Hello,

Congratulations for the new login window. I think it is more practical than the old one, when we had to be directed to a different page to login.

However, there is something I find impractical about the new window: it doesn't remember login info. I don't know if there is something to be done that depends on me, but there doesn't seem to be, because FF3 doesn't ask me if I want it to save my info (which had been anyway saved with the old system). It is not a hard
... See more
Hello,

Congratulations for the new login window. I think it is more practical than the old one, when we had to be directed to a different page to login.

However, there is something I find impractical about the new window: it doesn't remember login info. I don't know if there is something to be done that depends on me, but there doesn't seem to be, because FF3 doesn't ask me if I want it to save my info (which had been anyway saved with the old system). It is not a hard job to type a user's name and a password, but after nearly two years of just clicking on the "login" button, without having to type in anything else, I admit that I have to think twice before entering any info in the required fields.

Since you decided to change the old login page, I would expect to see the user's name and password fields embedded somewhere in the home page, instead of having to go to different pages/ open new windows etc. Then, it would also be possible to save login info. I don't know if that would be easy or possible from a designer's point of view, but it would definitely, IMHO, be more user friendly.
Collapse

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
Local time: 07:01
English to German
+ ...
Annoying new "feature" Jun 25, 2009

I fully second Eleni's comments. I also used to save my login info, and it's very annoying to have to type it in every time I want to log in. Can we please have the old system back?

Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Never logged out Jun 25, 2009

Actually, I do not remember when I last logged out...

I always log in from the same PC and never log out. I only use the log in window if I have to log in from another PC, which happens on very seldom occasions, or if I delete my browsing history and cookies. Anyway, I would naturally expect the system to remember my login info every time I visit the site.

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:01
French to English
+ ...
Should be fixed. Jun 25, 2009

Hi Eleni,

Thanks for posting. You're absolutely right. There was a technical error that was preventing the form from remembering your login info. It should be fixed now.

Hi Littlebalu,

This "feature" allows registered users to login on the page they are currently viewing. This saves the trouble of having to go to the login page, login, then have to find the page originally visited.

Best,
Colin

Eleni Makantani
Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 08:01
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great Job! Jun 25, 2009

Thank you, Colin, yes, it works fine now! The new login in system is definitely more practical that the old one! This change is really welcome!

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thanks, Colin Jun 25, 2009

Thanks for solving the problem so quickly. I have nothing against the new way of logging in but was just "complaining" about the system not saving the login details. Sorry for not expressing myself more clearly. All's right with the Proz.com world now!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comment about new login window

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »